Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Starting to feel at home

Thanks, Alma and Jomot1.......I was going to make the same points to History_Hunter.

There is a difference between a Marriage Licence Index (which he looked at and quoted) and the full Marriage Record/Cert. details (which I posted on earlier, my post #23

As we all know, the Marriage RECORD gives much fuller and more complete details than does the simple Licence index that HH looked at.

He states that there are lots of couples named Rosina and John in the same time period and area.

I think HH is looking at men named John "C"legg - not Rosina's correct groom's name of John "G"legg.

Rosina's John GLEGG (with a capital "G") was also born in the BWI - the British West Indies.

I don't believe there is any other John Glegg, born BWI and a Rosina Colborne with parents Arthur and Ellen Bull (poorly transcribed as Brill) as a couple OTHER than HH's Rosina.

This has to be the correct ROSINA he is looking for.

The Marriage RECORD details I found on Familysearch were from the Record Group called: New York, New York City, Marriage RECORDS 1829-1940.

HH was looking apparently ONLY at the Licence Index records which give only the barest of info. - i.e., only names of bride and groom, date of marriage, and vol. page no., etc.

History_Hunter - here again, is the link to the full Marriage RECORD details of Rosina's marriage to John "G"legg.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:247J-7W9

Starting to feel at home

History_Hunter.......in addition, here are the full details for the marriage of Rosina's sister (Florence Louise) from the same group of Records called: New York, New York City, Marriage RECORDS 1829-1940

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:244N-ZWG

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910