Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hi From the States

Hello,

I have been researching my family off and on for about 10 years, but only seriously in the past two. When I found out that my daughter was going to have a baby (my grandson) I wanted to give him a more complete history of his family. Knowing where you come from is a big part of knowing who you are.

I have found that nearly every branch of my tree has been in the United States since the early 1700s and earlier. Edward Doty (1599-1655 ) was a Mayflower immigrant and my 9th great grandfather. While researching him, I thought that maybe my grandson will take an interest in this history because he is connected to it. I have read that he was quite the character in Plymouth Colony.

I have taken the Ancestry DNA test, hoping to break through quite a few brick walls. My ethnicity breakdown included 75% English, Welsh, & Northwestern Europe. And there is 15% Irish. One of my brick walls is the Yarman surname. For generations, our family has not been able to determine if we're Irish Deyarmons or English Yarmans. So when I find the place to post about that, I will.

Thanks for letting me join. I look forward to chatting with you all.

rushlo

A very warm welcome to British Genealogy. Have a good look round and then post when you are ready. Our members love to help.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids