Thread: Hi

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hi

Many thanks for accepting me on the forum ,my father served with the Royal Artillery in ww2 but recently I've started to uncover other members of the family who served in the first world war , I have a sweetheart badge that belonged to someone in the family , but who I don't know as yet hopefully I can find some information through this forum
    Thank you again
    Med

Hi Med
    Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums.
    If you came to us from Forces War Records reading this will explain the connection.

Unfortunately we won't be able to help you with service records for WW11 because they are still held by the MoD. See this explanation.

WW1 service records are online at the pay per view sites ancestry.com and Findmypast both of which have free library versions. The bad news is that 60%plus of WW1 service records were destroyed by bombing fire in WW11. Medal Roll Index cards and Medal and Award Rolls do survive but they very very rarely hav any personal information which makes searching difficulr if the service persona name is a very common one.

If you would like to post the details of the person(s) you are lookin for our very helpful members will be only too pleased to try and help.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Many thanks Christina ,
    I have two people I'm searching for ,I will certainly post the two names today up on the forum
    Many thanks
    Med