Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hopefully this will be a life line

Just joined today. The first post that popped up was about people I know are related through the Ancestry DNA Matches. I have been working seriously for a year trying to track both my ancestry and my partners. I've hit a wall at my great grandparents. The family is Luthuanian/Russian. But since I see some ancestors listed her I hope I can succeed.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. we seem to have members experienced in most areas, so have a look around, choose an appropriate forum and tell us about your search. Include information that you're sure about - if you've had your DNA tested, then it's time to build the paper trail that forms the other side of genealogical research. If you are new to forums like this, my post HERE might help.
    Remember that you may not always get a rapid answer (I recently had a good reply on a query I posted a year ago!).
    Above all, enjoy!

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Lynmar, I have a step Grandfather Georges Pernarowski who was said to be from Lithuania/Russian, was killed in the second world war 26 Aug 1944, he was born 29 Oct 1887, he lived with my Nan in Newport South Wales.

Robert Purnell

Quote Originally Posted by lynmar View Post
    Just joined today. The first post that popped up was about people I know are related through the Ancestry DNA Matches. I have been working seriously for a year trying to track both my ancestry and my partners. I've hit a wall at my great grandparents. The family is Luthuanian/Russian. But since I see some ancestors listed her I hope I can succeed.
    lynmar if you would like to give us the names you are researching and with which you need help it will help us help you. If it is not the Pernarowski name then we can sort out what is relevant to you and create a separate thread.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by maesglas/ssclub View Post
    Hi Lynmar, I have a step Grandfather Georges Pernarowski who was said to be from Lithuania/Russian, was killed in the second world war 26 Aug 1944, he was born 29 Oct 1887, he lived with my Nan in Newport South Wales.

Robert Purnell
    In order not to detract from the original query in this thread, further replies to Robert's statement about George should be made to THIS thread.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”