Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Samuel luscombe 1852

Hi everyone. Could anyone help me move forward with regards a Samuel luscombe born 1852, stoke Gabriel, Devon. He had four children that I'm currently aware of - Beatrice jane born 8th Dec 1885, Sarah luscombe 1881, Paignton, Devon, Sydney Walter luscombe, stoke Gabriel, Devon 1884 and Samuel Henry luscombe 1889. I believe he married Emma Sealy/seally born 1859. I'm stuck with Samuel's parents and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Knowledgeable and helpful

Stoke Gabriel comes under the Totnes Registration District and there is a birth registered Totnes which may be your chap

Samuel Luscombe Sep 1851 Totnes vol 9 p509 no mother's maiden name given.

Presuming this is your Samuel the birth certificate will give the name of the mother.

Emeltee

Brick wall demolition expert!

if the birth registration suggested by Emeltee is correct there is a baptism in Totnes, which was done by the Union Workhouse, which may be him. I know it was the workhouse, because it says so, and they obviously went in for mass baptism as the whole page is from there.

So in 26 Sept 1851 Samuel and George Luscombe the illegitimate sons of Sarah Luscombe who were chargeable to the parish of Rattery were baptised.

According to his marriage certificate- 6 June 1878 he married Emma Really aged 20, he was of full age. Her father was Robert and his was Samuel Collys. They married in Stoke Gabriel.

George Luscombe Sep 1847 Totnes 9 456 no mmn

In 1851 there is a George Luscombe aged 3 living with his grandparents Thomas and Sarah Luscombe in Rattery
    HO107/1874/F542/p22

Baptism 4 February 1827 Rattery Sarah Luscombe daughter of Thomas (Labourer) and Sarah

HO107/248/9/F12/p19
    Rattery Village Sarah Luscombe 14 living with parents Thomas and Sarah and siblings

HO107/1873/F110/p20
    Lower Yabelton
    Sarah Luscombe 24 Farm Servant born Rattery
    Working for a farmer named Jackson

Emeltee

There is a marriage for a Sarah Luscombe aged 26 to a Samuel Collings aged 24 which took place in Paignton 19 October 1853. No details for Samuel's father but sarah's father was Thomas Luscombe, a Thatcher, which fits with the Censuses in my last post.

Emeltee

Thank you for this. The marriage index quarter is April 1878 so this would fit with him marrying Emma in June. Is it seally or really on the marriage certificate? So Sarah was Samuel's mum. Is a name of a dad listed and did Sarah come from the same area?
    Really appreciate your help ty

Thanks. So Sarah and Thomas are Samuel's parents. That's great

Ignore message above. Sarah and Thomas are Sarah luscombes parents, Sarah being Samuel's but no dad as yet lol

Sarah's mums maiden name appears to be Sarah Trist Pethyjohns

Thomas Luscombe aged about 25 of Rattery married Sarah Trist Pettyjohns of South Brent 24 June 1818 in South Brent. Witnesses John Pettyjohns and William Young

Image on fmp

Emeltee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast