Default Jno archdale & Mary laughlin/mclaughlin

I'm stuck with a family tree and can't seem to find information to go forward. I'm looking for information on the parents of John Archdale born around 1783-85 and died 1824. John married Jane Hartness born 1782-1838. I think Jno archdale may be the father of John and Mary laughlin/mclaughlin his mother but can't find records. Any help would be appreciated.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Vixen999,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

On what have you based John's birth years?
    When did he marry Jane, and where? And what children do you have for them? And where and when were the children born/baptised? If they follow a naming pattern, the names of the children might help with possible names for John and Jane's parents.
    And where are John and Jane buried?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

I noticed there was another thread (on the "Godsoe" family), but in one of the replies John Archdale and wife Jane Hartness are mentioned. Also, mentions poss brother of John's. Perhaps you might be able to find out more from "HiFly" who responded to the post.

The middle name GORDON is also a possible pointer - an Ann GORDON married Thomas ARCHDALE who looks like being a sibling of a John ARCHDALE who married a Jane HARTNESS and whose daughter Harriet married a William GREEN and in whose home (in Liverpool) in 1851 Census I found my GGG/F as nephew whose aunt Catherine WRIGHT married Joseph GODSOE (in NB)..... {Very complicated response but what I'm alluding to is that I think we have a thread to unravel for quite a number of us who are hitting brick walls in the Liverpool area with the above surnames}.

HiFly

https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...e-family/page2

Hi thanks for responding. This is the information I have.
    John archdale - Baptism 14 Nov 1783 • Dublin, Ireland. St Catherine's, Dublin city, Dublin, Ireland
    Parish Variants: Meath St.
    Children:Birth of Daughter Margaret Archdale Jamieson Wright(1808–1883)
    26 Feb 1808 • rough hill, leitrim parish, Cavan, Cavan, Ireland

Birth of Son Thomas Archdale(1810–1875)
    abt 1810 • Cavan, Ireland 1810. You mentioned a sibling called Thomas but I only so far have his children.

Birth of Daughter Jane Archdale(1811–)
    1 Feb 1811 • Liverpool, Lancashire,

Birth of Daughter Mary Archdale(1815–)
    1815 • Ireland

Birth of Son William Archdale(1816–)

Birth of Daughter Harriet Archdale(1820–)
    1820. Yes she married a William Green.

John Archdales Death:
    1824 • Liverpool, Lancashire

I've yet to find a marriage record for John and Jane.

Jno archdale and Mary laughlin/mclaughlin appears on a Baptism record for John archdale.

Birth year for Thomas archdale on 1841 census indicates he was born abt. 1810 as he was down as 30yrs old.

However in the 1851, 1861, and 1871 census it changes to 1805/6

Reputation beyond repute

he was born abt. 1810 as he was down as 30yrs old.
    In the 1841 census "30" means 30-34 so it's consistent with the later returns.

Thank you ��

In the 1841 census only it was required that the ages of anyone 15 and upwards were marked down to the nearest 5. So, as Peter says, your bloke would have been in the age bracket 30 to 34 years old.
    Not all ages were recorded this way but it is usually evident whether or not the instructions had been obeyed by looking at all the entries on the page.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs