Default Looking for WRNS-archives WWII

Hi there! I'm a new (Dutch) kid on the block and hoping some one can help.
    I'm looking for the service records of my (English)aunt Betty I. James who was as a Third Officer stationed at Ramsgate. It was there that she met my (Dutch)uncle who was in the Coastal Forces riding the waves in a MTB. They married December 22nd 1944.
    I have read How to search Naval records, there is no mentionig of any WRNS-archive.The only thing I did find were the WW I WRNS servive records 1917-1919. For more "recent" service records since 1923, one has to apply MoD Veterans site. Apparently not for researchers, although family, like me.
    Can anyone help me tracing the service records of my aunt, born May 29th 1915 at Bournemouth?
    That would be marvellous!
    Beste wishes, Boekie

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.

WW2 service records have not yet been released for general publication online. You can read HERE how relations can buy a copy for their own use. You will need to provide a copy of her death certificate and 30 pounds. If she is still alive, she can apply for a copy free.

BTW I have moved your post to the Royal Navy forum as it's more likely to attract experts there.

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.

WW2 service records have not yet been released for general publication online. You can read HERE how relations can buy a copy for their own use. You will need to provide a copy of her death certificate and 30 pounds. If she is still alive, she can apply for a copy free.

BTW I have moved your post to the Royal Navy forum as it's more likely to attract experts there.
    Thank you so much, Lesley! Your answer is most helpful.
    Best wishes,
    Boekie