Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Looking for Moyseys of Torquay/Devon

Hello Devon! I am looking for the living members of MOYSEY family. I would like to have contact with the Moyseys, whose ancestor was Frederick E. Moysey from Torquay, born in 1887. A man with that name was the captain of a cargo vessel named Belliver, from Torquay, which disappeared in 1910 in a storm in the Baltic Sea. The vessel was found in 2009. I don´t know if the Moysey family knows that the ship was found.

We are making a film of wrecks of that Märket lighthouse area. I would be very interesting to get to contact with the relatives and aybe get some new material for the film. The whole Moysey family (4 persons) was drown in that terrible accident.

Please hurry if You know something about these people. F.E. Moysey was a son of sea captain Frederick Adam Moysey, born 1845, who had 5 children.

Any hint would be valuable!

Best regards, Pekka Väisänen, Vantaa, Finland
    pojvaisanenATgmailDOTcom.
    Last edited by christanel; 12-09-2019 at 2:42 AM. Reason: email disguised to avoid spam

Welcome to thee British-Genealogy forums.
    We don't allow phone numbers and email addresses on the forum so I will remove the phone number and disguise the email address. Anybody with information regarding living people can contact you by private message or email. To contact by private message click on the posters user name and then choose private message from the drop down menu.
    Good luck
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Was Frederick E Moysey's father actually Commander Frederick Abel Moysey not Frederick Adam? I got this from a National Archives entry

Commander Frederick Abel Moysey 17 Jul 1845 birth

And this baptism
    Frederick Abel Moysey
    Baptised 17 Aug 1845
    At Combe St Nicholas, Somerset, England
    Father Frederick Luthell Moysey
    Mother Arabella Moysey

He died 5 Dec 1896.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Default Abel is correct!

Thank You Christina for the advice, and yes, I meant Abel, just didn´t check it again... Hopefully some Moysey sees mi thread!

Pekka

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Was Frederick E Moysey's father actually Commander Frederick Abel Moysey not Frederick Adam? I got this from a National Archives entry

Commander Frederick Abel Moysey 17 Jul 1845 birth

And this baptism
    Frederick Abel Moysey
    Baptised 17 Aug 1845
    At Combe St Nicholas, Somerset, England
    Father Frederick Luthell Moysey
    Mother Arabella Moysey

He died 5 Dec 1896.

Christina

Looking at newspaper reports for the cargo ship Belliver it left Rafso on the 7 or 8 of September 1911 (not 1910 as in your post) and all the reports are after that date in September 1911.
    None of the ones I have read so far name the members of the crew.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

In this newspaper Western Morning News - Tuesday 19 September 1911
    The names of the crew are given and the Captain is named as Frank Moysey, not Frederick E Moysey. He was accompanied by his wife and two youngest children.n The other two children were with relatives, one a 9 year old boy but the other not given a name or age.
    So according to this newspaper report we are looking for a Captain Frank Mosey who went down with the cargo ship Belliver on 7/8 of September 1911.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

From the research I have done and finding the captain was Frank Moysey I think he was the Frank E Moysey born 1871 Plymouth to a John Moysey and Sarah.
    He is in the 1911 census (taken in April) as the master of the Belliver. He is down as married for 13 years with 6 children born to the marriage but two have died. The ship is in Wales and his wife and children are not with him.
    Looking on FreeBMD there is a marriage for a Frank E Moysey in the Dec 1/4 1896 registration district Westminster to either a Florence Parker or a Margaret Hyde. I then searched the GRO index for the birth of a boy who was 9 years old in 1911 when he lost his parents with the mother's maiden name of Hyde or Parker and there is one for a William John Moysey Dec 1/4 1903 registration district Newton Abbott, Devon. So now we know that Frank Ernest Moysey married Florence Parker .
    There is a Florence Moysey in the 1911 UK census living at Newton Abbott age 35, She has with her four children - Ernest Moysey age 12, Gertrude Moysey age 10, William Moysey age 7 and John Moysey age 5. So from the newspaper reports it is William and John who died with their parents and Ernest and Gertrude who were at home when the belliver went down.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

A Gertrude E Moysey married Arthur J Hutchison Dec 1/4 1929 registration district St George Hanover Square, London
    I can't see any birth registrations of children for this couple.
    William Burroughs

Ernest Frank Moysey birth registered 1899 mother's maiden name Parker. He married July 1/4 1921 Bristol registration district to Gladys M Gregory,
    They stayed in Bristol and in the 1939 register his occupation is ship's carpenter.
    They seem to have had only one child an Anita G Moysey born June 1/4 1923 Bristol reg dist. She seems to have married a Franklin H Wernet in Dec 1/4 1944. They emigrated to the US in 1946 and were down as dependants of Staff Sgt Franklin H Wernet of the US army. Anita died 4 Dec 2014. There are 4 children mentioned in her obituary.
    Her husband died 7 November 1996 Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Default Getting closer...

Thanks! We are getting closer. Could Ernest be F.E:s brother or cousin? But this is not F.E himself or his son - or theorically could be his son, if they didn´t take tke a 11 year old with the rest of the family with them...

BW Pekka

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Ernest Frank Moysey birth registered 1899 mother's maiden name Parker. He married July 1/4 1921 Bristol registration district to Gladys M Gregory,
    They stayed in Bristol and in the 1939 register his occupation is ship's carpenter.
    They seem to have had only one child an Anita G Moysey born June 1/4 1923 Bristol reg dist. She seems to have married a Franklin H Wernet in Dec 1/4 1944. They emigrated to the US in 1946 and were down as dependants of Staff Sgt Franklin H Wernet of the US army. Anita died 4 Dec 2014. There are 4 children mentioned in her obituary.
    Her husband died 7 November 1996 Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA
    Christina

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast