Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Frederick E Moysey, son of Commander Frederick Abel Moysey was not the Captain of the Belliver cargo ship when it sank.

Captain of the Belliver when it sank in 1911 was Frank Ernest Moysey born Plymouth 1871.
    His parents are John Moysey and Sarah nee Lamble. They married Sept 1/4 1847 registration district Kingsbridge Devon.
    John died 20 January 1893 and Sarah died 1895.

The children of John and Sarah Moysey are
    John Moysey born 1847
    William Moysey born 1850
    Samuel Moysey born 1852 died 1852
    Samuel Moysey 1853
    Philip Henry 1855
    Sarah Mary Elizabeth Moysey born 1856 died 1922 never married
    Alfred Henry Moysey born 1859 died 1863
    Ellen Moysey born 1863
    William Henry Samuel Moysey born 1865
    Charles Moysey born 1865
    Charles Herbert Moysey 1869
    Frank Ernest Moysey 1871 died 1911

Frank Ernest Moysey was indentured as an apprentice in the Merchant Navy in London 6 November 1888 for 4 years.

Frank Ernest Moysey, Captain of the Belliver, married Florence Parker in 1896. They had 6 children
    Ellen Moysey born 1895 died 1904
    Ernest Frederick Moysey born 1899 married Gladys M Gregory, one child Anita G Moysey born June 1/4 1923.
    Gertrude Ellen Moysey 1900 married Hutchinson. No children.
    William John Moysey born 1903 died 1911
    John Moysey born 1906 died 1911
    George Moysey born 1907 died 1907

So of the two children who did not die with their parents Ernest Frederick is the only one who had a child, Anita and she emigrated to America. Her obituary gives the names of 4 children.

Looking for any Moyseys in the UK you would be looking for the descendants of Frank Ernest's brothers and sisters.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Dear Christina, this marvellous! Most of all I am looking for family photo (of F.E.M family) and the captains photo and maybe written memories.

Do You think it is best to continue the search for these from America?

What is the best way do that on the American side?

Best regards

Pekka

Hello Christina! I think I found one of her living children in the U.S. I will lwt You know when I am sure. This happened through a funeral company. Best regards Pekka

Dear Christina, could You give me advice how I could find photos on British Marine officers from 1890´s. Maybe F.E. Moyseys photo would be among them.

PS: I think I found one of the children in the U.S, but no asnwer he yet.

Pekka

Dear Christina, You got it right, it was 1911. We have the official trial report/Inquiry from London Court from 27th April 1912. It lists all the persons except Mr. Moyseys first name. Thanks to You I now have their names and ages when they died. Still waiting answer from the U.S... Pekka

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Frank Ernest Moysey (my great, great grandfather) was Master of the S.S. Belliver that sunk. He died along with his wife, Florence (my great, great grandmother) and his two youngest children. The two oldest children were indeed staying with relatives.

The oldest child was Ernest Frank Moysey (my great grandfather) who ended up running away to the sea as well. He did marry Gladys Gregory (my great grandmother). They had one child.

That child was Anita Gregory Moysey (my grandmother). She married my grandfather, Frank H. Wernet, a US soldier and moved to the states with their first-born child in 1945.

This son was Frank Jay Wernet (my dad) and he was born in Bristol.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Frederick E Moysey, son of Commander Frederick Abel Moysey was not the Captain of the Belliver cargo ship when it sank.

Captain of the Belliver when it sank in 1911 was Frank Ernest Moysey born Plymouth 1871.
    His parents are John Moysey and Sarah nee Lamble. They married Sept 1/4 1847 registration district Kingsbridge Devon.
    John died 20 January 1893 and Sarah died 1895.

The children of John and Sarah Moysey are
    John Moysey born 1847
    William Moysey born 1850
    Samuel Moysey born 1852 died 1852
    Samuel Moysey 1853
    Philip Henry 1855
    Sarah Mary Elizabeth Moysey born 1856 died 1922 never married
    Alfred Henry Moysey born 1859 died 1863
    Ellen Moysey born 1863
    William Henry Samuel Moysey born 1865
    Charles Moysey born 1865
    Charles Herbert Moysey 1869
    Frank Ernest Moysey 1871 died 1911

Frank Ernest Moysey was indentured as an apprentice in the Merchant Navy in London 6 November 1888 for 4 years.

Frank Ernest Moysey, Captain of the Belliver, married Florence Parker in 1896. They had 6 children
    Ellen Moysey born 1895 died 1904
    Ernest Frederick Moysey born 1899 married Gladys M Gregory, one child Anita G Moysey born June 1/4 1923.
    Gertrude Ellen Moysey 1900 married Hutchinson. No children.
    William John Moysey born 1903 died 1911
    John Moysey born 1906 died 1911
    George Moysey born 1907 died 1907

So of the two children who did not die with their parents Ernest Frederick is the only one who had a child, Anita and she emigrated to America. Her obituary gives the names of 4 children.

Looking for any Moyseys in the UK you would be looking for the descendants of Frank Ernest's brothers and sisters.
    Christina
    It was actually Ernest Frank who was the surviving son and not Ernest Fredrick.

Hello
    I am Frank Moysey’s great great granddaughter. You have Frank’s daughter, Gertrude Elizabeth Moysey Hutchison listed as having had no children. She in fact did have one daughter born, in India in 1933. I am her middle of 3 daughters, Tessa M (Wilson)Keaney. Please feel free to contact me if we can be of any assistance. My email is tkeaneyATdankeaneyDOTca
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 14-09-2021 at 1:04 PM. Reason: email disguised to deter spammers.

Knowledgeable and helpful

You might like to ask one of the moderators to amend your email to avoid it being picked up by spammers.

Default Thank you

Hello
    I'm not sure how to go about what you have suggested. I accidentally came upon this thread while searching for the name of my great great grandfather's ship for my mother. We are both very interested to see how things have progressed with the family research.

Thank you,

Tess Keaney

Quote Originally Posted by Squaredancer View Post
    You might like to ask one of the moderators to amend your email to avoid it being picked up by spammers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast