Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.s2012 View Post
    His mother is Ramona Esther Denise Marolly born 6 Feb 1956 in Karachi, Pakistan. Her parents were Desmond Clayton Marolly (b1926 in Allahbad, India) and Alice Winifred Pett (b1926, Bagdad, Iraq).
    I've had no luck with Desmond C Marolly.

On 19 September 1928 William Marolly (born 1889), son of Alfred Francis Marolly, married a widow Horsh Winifred Alimo daughter of Claude Kelly - at Patna, Bengal. I'm only offering that as evidence of other Marolly's in India.

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    widow Horsh Winifred Alimo
    that is a mistranscription of Nora Winifred Alimo - whose first husband was Oswin CLAYTON Alimo, son (I think) of Edward CLAYTON Alimo (which I'm not suggesting is anything more than a coincidental link to Desmond Clayton Marolly).

Starting to feel at home

if you were able to obtain that 1948 marriage certificate of Carl Smith (I've no idea how) I guess it might give his father's name.

I note a 1919 marriage in Lahore of Ellis Giacomo VARCADOS to Sarah Ellen WALKER who I suppose might be Pauline's parents.

sorry, just remembered that you said Pauline was born in Greece.
    I think that is them, my father in law says his nan was Sally Walker and grandad was Elias or something. Maybe they married in Lahore and later moved to Greece?

Starting to feel at home

no doubt you already know that Carl D N Smith's exact date of birth was 4 March 1928 (taken from his 1993 Essex death registration)

It looks to me that Winifred Alice Pett had a sister Pamela E Pett, also born Baghdad in the 1920's.
    yes that's right, I'm actually in touch with Pamela's grandaughter on ANC but both of us are having no joy tracing the family!

Starting to feel at home

On 19 September 1928 William Marolly (born 1889), son of Alfred Francis Marolly, married a widow Horsh Winifred Alimo daughter of Claude Kelly - at Patna, Bengal. I'm only offering that as evidence of other Marolly's in India.
    Hmm interesting, I wonder if there is any connection??

Hmm interesting, I wonder if there is any connection??
    it occurs to me that the following might be possible:

that Desmond Clayton Marolly was actually born Desmond Clayton ALIMO, son of Oswin Clayton Alimo and Nora Winifred (nee Kelly) who had married in 1924. Then Oswin died about 1927 (I don't have an exact date). Then Nora re-married to William Marolly in 1928 and her two-year-old son thus became Desmond Clayton Marolly.

on the other hand I'm just letting my imagination run away with absolutely no evidence

Starting to feel at home

it occurs to me that the following might be possible:

that Desmond Clayton Marolly was actually born Desmond Clayton ALIMO, son of Oswin Clayton Alimo and Nora Winifred (nee Kelly) who had married in 1924. Then Oswin died about 1927 (I don't have an exact date). Then Nora re-married to William Marolly in 1928 and her two-year-old son thus became Desmond Clayton Marolly.

on the other hand I'm just letting my imagination run away with absolutely no evidence
    Funnily enough my husband just found Desmond Clayton Marolly on the Geni website, it says his parents were William and Norah.. so what you are saying actually could be true! I'll have a dig into it

Starting to feel at home

where did you find this record?

Starting to feel at home

WIMSEY... you were right!!

where did you find this record?
    originally I found it on FamilySearch where Norah is mistranscribed as "Horsh", but FMP has the same record correctly transcribed Norah Winifred Alimo(Kelly).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast