Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by blacklace View Post
    It probably doesn't help, but my Great Grandmother's family are Fothergills from Bristol. I can't find a Henry though (that's not to say he's not there, as I haven't looked too much into the Cousin branches). If I find anything I'll post an update.
    How exciting! I don’t suppose you (or anybody from that line) has taken a DNA test? No worries if you haven’t because the Genealogy side is more important to me. If I knew your great-grandmother’s name and dates I could see if I’ve collected any extra information on her ... if that’s any help to you?

Starting to feel at home

I'm currently waiting on my DNA kit from Ancestry to arrive...

I'll message you as I don't want to derail this thread

Starting to feel at home

I'm currently waiting on my DNA kit from Ancestry to arrive...

I'll message you as I don't want to derail this thread
    Yay! If I wasn’t so old, I’d be doing cartwheels!

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie 888 View Post
    I'm trying to find the baptism and parents of my 3x great-grandfather, Henry John Fothergill (?-1873), a bookbinder who spent most of his life in London. In the 1861 Census, it says birthplace unknown but in every other census it says Bristol. Based on the ages given in his various records (inc death cert) we're looking at an estimated birth range of 1803-1807. In his second marriage record, he says his father was also a Henry John Fothergill, farmer, but no sign of him that I can find! As some of the Fothergills were Quakers, I've also looked in the non-conformist registers but I'm completely stuck and would appreciate a fresh pair of eyes.
    Just had a quick look on Ancestry. The 1851 Census has been transcribed to say he's 55 (it's not clear, it could be 45), which would mean he was born in 1796

Starting to feel at home

Also it might be worth looking into Somerset as my fothergill were there around that time

Starting to feel at home

Just had a quick look on Ancestry. The 1851 Census has been transcribed to say he's 55 (it's not clear, it could be 45), which would mean he was born in 1796
    Thank you. I try to ignore the transcriptions and look at the original. I thought it said 45 which would give him a birth of about 1806?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12