Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

Default Great Whyte Baptist Church

I normally subscribe to the Norfolk County-wide Forum, but I was wondering if anyone could kindly answer a Huntingdonshire query that I have. Does anyone know,please, whether there are any existing records of births and burials in the period 1750 - 1850 for Great Whyte Baptist Church in Ramsey, and, if so, where they are to be found? I have reason to believe that my IBBERSON relations, who were nearly all Baptists,may have had their vital events recorded there.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Have you considered contacting either the Record Office for Huntingdonshire or Huntingdonshire Family History Society.

There doesn't seem to be anything on line.

Emeltee

Super Moderator

I used to live in a Village in Huntingdonshire. I became very interested in the history of that village and transcribed the records from the C of E church. We also had a Baptist Chapel in the village and I was hoping to be able to transcribe the records from there too. However I was told that they did not keep registers. I never found out where (if any) records were kept but presume they must be somewhere.

Super Moderator

By the way Peterborough is closer to Ramsey than Huntingdon. So you may have to try there too.

Super Moderator

There are a few Ibbersons mentioned in census returns on Ancestry. Born in Ramsey. If you cannot find what you need, let us know names you are particlarly looking for.

Starting to feel at home

Default Great Whyte Baptist Church

Quote Originally Posted by emeltee View Post
    Have you considered contacting either the Record Office for Huntingdonshire or Huntingdonshire Family History Society.

There doesn't seem to be anything on line.

Emeltee
    Many thanks. I have tried to look on the Hunts Archives, but I don't think I have discovered how to get the best out of their search engine. I will try again. As for the Hunts FHS, that certainly sounds a good idea. I will try them

Starting to feel at home

I am afraid you might have put your finger on the problem. Perhaps Great Whyte Baptist Church didn't keep registers, or perhaps they have been lost.

Starting to feel at home

Thanks for that suggestion. It is worth a try

Starting to feel at home

Many thanks for that kind offer. I will let you know how I get on.

Famous for offering help & advice

If you plan to contact the Huntingdonshire FHS, you should be aware that it is due to be dissolved at the end of this year. See the notice on the society homepage:

https://www.huntsfhs.org.uk/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast