Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Thanks for the link, Peter. (Will leave robinj to check it out.)
    I was sure there must have been something in the returns for you to mention it.
    I was looking in the google book, which was obviously not the same site to which you were referring.

Pam
    Many thanks for that tip, Peter. I have downloaded the .pdf file from the NA and, after a certain amount of difficulty, did find the entry for Great Whyte Baptist Church. It was entitled "Great White Meeting" and was apparently erected in 1803, which ties up rather well with the other dates that have been found.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default IBBERSON & Great Whyte Baptist church

i have a great deal of info on both subject, part of my quest to learn more about Samual Fullilove a baptist minister in Ramsey 1765-1798. We can chat if you wish, Roger

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by TENPASTEIGHT View Post
    i have a great deal of info on both subject, part of my quest to learn more about Samual Fullilove a baptist minister in Ramsey 1765-1798. We can chat if you wish, Roger
    Hello Roger,
    It is very good to hear from you. My interest in Great Whyte Baptist Church is that one of my gg grandmothers was Mary IBBERSON (1810 - 1840) who was born at Forty Foot Bridge, Hunts. She was one of a large IBBERSON family who were devout Baptists and attended Great Whyte Church for a few years. In fact, according to a newspaper report of the time, they donated a plot of land in Great Whyte for the purpose of building a church there in about 1805. I don't think I have much information to share about Samuel FULLILOVE, but I do know that Mary's uncle, Henry IBBERSON, married Sarah FULLILOVE on 5 Sep 1782 in St. Thomas a Becket Church, Ramsey. In the same register there is a record of the marriage of Samuell (sic) FULLILOVE, widr. to Eliz. FOX on 30 Sep 1782. I should certainly be willing to chat about this, but it would probably be easier if we did it by e mail. My address is robinj AT talk21 DOT com
    Robin
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 18-08-2021 at 7:26 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to deter spammers.

Knowledgeable and helpful

If you have not checked on Meeting House certificates, you might find that your families are listed as persons who applied for the certificate. Those for Wiltshire begin in 1689 and continue to 1852. All non-conformist chapels or groups were required by law to have one. Some groups have several over the years. They came into being as a result of the Toleration Acts of 1689. Ask at the relevant county record offices or at the diocesan record office about the location of survivors of these documents. pwholt

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by pwholt View Post
    If you have not checked on Meeting House certificates, you might find that your families are listed as persons who applied for the certificate. Those for Wiltshire begin in 1689 and continue to 1852. All non-conformist chapels or groups were required by law to have one. Some groups have several over the years. They came into being as a result of the Toleration Acts of 1689. Ask at the relevant county record offices or at the diocesan record office about the location of survivors of these documents. pwholt
    Many thanks PW. That sounds a good idea. I will try to hunt down the Meeting House Certificates for the Ramsey area.
    Robin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123