Thread: New Intro

Default New Intro

Dear All

My name is Maureen Coleen South African born now living in Ireland. My quest is to search the British/Irish origins of my ancestors Thomas and Martha Jane Rea. My research started in 1998 and slowly putting puzzle pieces together. I have so far found baptisimal records in South Africa Grahamstown and a passenger list quoting the arrival of Thomas Rea. I've reached a brick wall as to obtain the last known address of Thomas Rea in England. I;m hoping with the assistance of British Geneolgy to make some further progress.

Growing old Disgracefully

A little more infomation needed. Where Thomas and Martha Jane born in SA or UK If in SA when did they come to UK. dates of Birth parents names etc

Hello Sandy thank you for the response to my intro. I'v started a new thread under Emmigration giving details of a passenger listing. I have no further details other than the day Thomas Rea embarked the John Masterman in Southampton on the 25th March 1860. He was recorded as single, which complicates research for Martha Jane as we do not know her maiden name. I'm assuming they married in SA.