Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

I was just trawling through newspapers and found the following which probably isn't particularly useful ..... but anyway ...

Bedfordshire Times 30 December 1932 - "foster children" Evelyn, Florence & John Bradford attend the funeral of Miss Fanny Marian Bass at Riseley Church. Other mourners Mr S Bass (uncle), Mr Brown, Mrs Cox, Miss Baker (cousins), and Gertrude Bailey. Miss Bass's father unable to attend through ill health.

I am assuming that it is implying that they were Miss Bass's foster children (otherwise why mention that they were foster children ?).

Fanny Marian Bass born Bedford 4Q 1875 died Bedford 4Q 1932.

Dundee10

Fanny's father Josiah died the following year and Evelyn is also named as a foster child along with Gertrude BAILEY, so I think it was probably the whole BASS family in general that took them in and Fanny may have done most of the caring.

Famous for offering help & advice

a Margaret Annie Green was born 4Q 1878 Wellingborough
    a Margaret A Bradford died 2Q 1945 Huntingdon aged "85"

unfortunately I think that is the Mrs Margaret Bradford, "widow of Mr J Bradford", who the Bedfordshire Times describes as "hostess of the 'Golden Ball', Market Square, St Neots" for 50 years. Bedfordshire Times 20 April 1945.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12