Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    I see Santiago (James) Main - aged 68 - on the Argentine 1895 census with wife Susana LEVE/LEVO (?) - aged 56 and two children Guillermo, 19, and Maria (?), 14 (?)

it looks as if in Argentine records wives keep their maiden names (?)
    Yes, correct, they still do keep their maiden names.

And yes this is the correct Main Familly.

Thanks// Anahi

Hi,

Yes, I have a public tree, bit when my info about Susan Levi or Main, I´m just trying out possibilities.
    https://www.ancestry.se/family-tree/...0112537/family

The problem with Argentinan record is that the say INGLATERRA and that could be anything from Irland, Skottland, Whales. I have taken a DNA test that gives me a 39,2% British isles (Not England) I know you need to take those test with a bit of care. So grtaeful all this help// Anahi

Famous for offering help & advice

well personally I've come to the conclusion that James Main did not marry Susanna L*v* in either England/Wales, Scotland or Ireland.

If Susanna was born in about 1839 and their first child was born about 1857, in Argentina, I guess one might conclude they also married in Argentina.

But I haven't found such a marriage. Sorry.

That okay. My curiosity is to know where they came from? Where they were born and who were there parents. Is there any way to found that out?

Best Anahi

Famous for offering help & advice

at the moment we have nothing to tell us who James/Santiago Main's parents were. In Scotland alone there were at least eighteen James Main births between 1825 and 1830.

I'm still not completely sure what Susana's surname was. LEVI / LEVE / LEVO ??

We are feeling in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    at the moment we have nothing to tell us who James/Santiago Main's parents were. In Scotland alone there were at least eighteen James Main births between 1825 and 1830.

I'm still not completely sure what Susana's surname was. LEVI / LEVE / LEVO ??

We are feeling in the dark.
    Thank you for this anyway....hopefully, I can find more if I travel to Argentina.

Hi again,

I have some new info, but I'm still not able to find Susana Levi. She was apparently married in the UK to another man and as far as I know, she had two children born with this first husband.

Susana Levi

Son 1857 "Charles" Carlos Levi
    Daughter 1859 born in Scotland Catalina Levi.

Could Levi be her married name?

Don't know if this can helo, but giving it a try.

Best Anahi

There is no birth registration for a Catalina Levi on ScotlandsPeople 1855 - 1860. I used name variants and did not enter a first name and still nothing that resembled the first name Catalina. However there is a birth reg for a Charles Livie 1855 but I don't have any credits so can't view the original record.
    There is no birth registration for a Charles Levi on FreeBMD 1853-1860. There is one for a Catherine Levi in Shrewsbury 1861 and another in 1855 Bridgend Glamorgan.
    A Susan Levi married either a Thomas Day or Henry Melbourne in Saffron Waldon district Sept 1/4 1858.
    On the same page 1860 marriages FreeBMD are a Susannah Sheard and a Henry John Levi, Nottingham registration district but this would be after the births of Charles and catalina and need checking out on the UK censuses
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    There is no birth registration for a Catalina Levi on ScotlandsPeople 1855 - 1860. I used name variants and did not enter a first name and still nothing that resembled the first name Catalina. However there is a birth reg for a Charles Livie 1855 but I don't have any credits so can't view the original record.
    There is no birth registration for a Charles Levi on FreeBMD 1853-1860. There is one for a Catherine Levi in Shrewsbury 1861 and another in 1855 Bridgend Glamorgan.
    A Susan Levi married either a Thomas Day or Henry Melbourne in Saffron Waldon district Sept 1/4 1858.
    On the same page 1860 marriages FreeBMD are a Susannah Sheard and a Henry John Levi, Nottingham registration district but this would be after the births of Charles and Catalina and need checking out on the UK censuses
    Christina

thank you, The Susan Levi from Safforn Waldon is still in the census in 1881. And married Melbourn fist and got widowed and then married again.

The Susana(who also called her self Juana) I'm looking for must have left the UK around 1865-66.
    Then she has a child registered in 1866 - 1869 born in Buenos Aires also named Susan.

The strange thing is that Susan´s children ( Carlos and Catalina) got the last name Main after her lover James (Santiago) Main she runs away with to Argentina. He seems to be Scottish but can find him either born 1823.

I will try to find Susannah Sheard and a Henry John Levi in the census.

Many thanks// Anahi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12