Starting to feel at home

Default Can't find some Army Records

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I am trying to find some evidence of my Grandfather Frederick Jesse Gibbs Army records. I have several post cards and letters that he wrote home. They all have a number on them 14328422 which I thought might be his service no. but I can't seem to find any traces.

There are also 2 letters and the address he has put on them is: Dvr Gibbs F.T/14328422 c/o Intelligence Train Centre, G.2 Section A.7. HQ North Africa (on the first) and Sgt F. Gibbs 14328422 I.T.C.G2 Section, A.7.H.Q, C.M.7. (on the second) I am hoping that someone will know which unit he was in from this.

The letters don't give anything away, he just seems keen to reassure everyone that he is well and everthing is ok.

Just in case it helps, he was born on 15.07.1909 and died 20.07.1959. Parents James Gibbs and Selina Sophia Miles.

Any help or hints appreciated.

Thank you.

Famous for offering help & advice

If his service was after 1920 his records will still be with the MoD.

https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military...-elses-records

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi

The only way to find out more is to get his service records- as noted above.
    His service number indicates he enlisted and was in this group -
    General Service Corps 14200001 - 15000000
    Given his first rank was Driver and it mentions HQ- that may give some indication of what he did, but the service records will answer it.
    Nothing else online, unless he died in the war (which he did not) or was awarded a gallantry medal.

regards

Robert
    Remembering

My Father 1819170 Lance Bombardier Robert Simpson 39/14 L.A.A. R.A.