Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default George and Abigail burton

Trying to find distant relatives a live now who are related to George and Abigail burton from widford Hertfordshire if George and Abigail burton are related to you I would like to hear from you as my grandmother cut us off from the Burton family when my grandfather died in 1958 so my side of the family does not know the rest of the burton family which we would love to get back to. My family line stems from Francis j Burton who's parents was George and Abigail burton and George parents was Benjamin Burton and Ann burton so if you are related it would be great to hear from you

Growing old Disgracefully

Having a look for you but I might have to PM you as we are not allowed to post about Living people.

George Burton Married Abigail White and had 9 children one of them your connection Francie James born 1861 he marries Sarah Peters they had lots of children so will follow thst line for you do you have a sub to ancestry as I have started a tree on there.

I do have a sub with find my past and I have traced my family back to Elizabethan times I have also done from Francis Burton to my generation but I am not looking to trace them on here just in hope some of them see this post so we can have contact I did not put a post up to trace them as I have already done that just in the hope they see this post

Growing old Disgracefully

If you have traced them and know where they are ie you hove an address jut send them a letter or if you have a phone number contact them your self. I have done this loads. Lady from south africa looking for her sister in Newcastle. not only found her, spoke to her (she had to sit down mind - shock)we still keep in contact now. I not only found all her siblings for her and she came over from S A after not seeing them for 20 years. x

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hello.
    I am related to you. My Great Grandfather James was a son of George and Abigail. James married Rebecca Jane Clark, known as Jane. She looks very formidable. One of their many children was my Grandmother Elizabeth Anna. She married a Walter John Mahoney and had my Mother. Hope this is some help to you and if i can help further let me know.
    Regards
    Susan

Hi my line of the family comes from Francis j Burton who married a Sarah Peters they had 11 children but my grandfather was the last to be born in 1912 he died in 1958 and my grandmother cut us of from the family so it has taken years to find out were my grandfather was born as she would not tell me well in my family I have 5 cousins and a brother and sister. What other information do you require as I have done the family back to Elizabethan times

Quote Originally Posted by Burtondicky View Post
    Hi my line of the family comes from Francis j Burton who married a Sarah Peters they had 11 children but my grandfather was the last to be born in 1912 he died in 1958 and my grandmother cut us of from the family so it has taken years to find out were my grandfather was born as she would not tell me well in my family I have 5 cousins and a brother and sister. What other information do you require as I have done the family back to Elizabethan times

Well i have got as far back as John Burton 1753 Eastwick died 5th April 1840. Married Susanna Humphries 1781. Married again to Ann White 27th June 1784. So would be interested in information before John Burton. I realise this could be a lot so perhaps the main names i.e parents etc then i could follow them up. How sad and strange that your Grandmother cut your family out once your Grandfather died. But then that's families for you as i know too well.
    Seems like you have got the family tree all sewn up as they say but if i can help with anything let me know.
    Regards
    Susan

Hi well here are the names in order after john. William , Sarah spur, Thomas ,frances ingerstone, Thomas,Mary Angell, Thomas ,alice chater,william,mary foot,william, marye bensted, George, annis jacklin i did have problems finding all names but after john they lived in bengeo hertford then after that it was hard to find but using parish records for births and marriages I had to change counties and the ones I found with names and the correct dates was in Cambridgeshire and they all lived and married in the same area but the time they moved from Cambridgeshire to Hertfordshire is during or just after the civil war so guessed that could of happened so I hope this is any help to you if I have it wrong then I appolagise but I have checked it over several times and it is the only route I found

You say after John i assume you mean before i.e John who was born in 1753 his parents were William Burton and Sarah Spur and William's parents were Thomas Burton and Frances Ingerstone, going back. Have i got that right?

Yes that is what I meant sorry if I confused you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast