Default Guernsey Post Obituary

I am looking for the obituary of Phyllis Middlebrook that was published in the Guernsey Press on April 2, 2002. Her original maiden name was O'Donnell and she had previously been married to a Geoffrey Milner. I can't find it online and I wonder if anyone local could look it up somehow. I am trying to determine if she had any children by either marriage

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I don't know if we have that many members who live in Guernsey.
    However, certainly in mainland UK, most local libraries or Archives/Record Offices hold copies of local newspapers, and will supply photocopies of articles for less than your travel costs.

Start with https://www.priaulxlibrary.co.uk/collections/newspapers

If they haven't got the papers for as recently as 2002 they will know who has.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

using FreeBMD I find four births surname Milner, mother's maiden name O'Donnell but they are all in Liverpool district so are probably children of Albert Milner/Joan O'Donnell - although Phyllis & Geoffrey married in Cheshire.

Thanks--IO'll try to contact the Priaulx Library

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    using FreeBMD I find four births surname Milner, mother's maiden name O'Donnell but they are all in Liverpool district so are probably children of Albert Milner/Joan O'Donnell - although Phyllis & Geoffrey married in Cheshire.
    Thanks--it looks to me that Geoffrey Milner remarried a Sarah Jameson in 1956. I only found 2 Milner-O'Donnell births in FreeBMD after 1948 (when they married), a Barbara E in 1953 and a Stephen J in 1956. Of course, the other two (pre-1948) could possibly be theirs but I wonder if all 4 may belong to the other couple you note since all four births are registered in North Liverpool.