Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reputation beyond repute

It is possible the Licence may not have survived
    Don't put him off! It's possible that it has survived. Mark needs to do some digging.

if the jurisdiction for marriage licences is the same as for probate (and it very often is), Hereford Record Office is a possibility.

Unlike the rest of Monmouth, two parishes (including Dixter) were in the diocese and consistory of Hereford.

Starting to feel at home

I'm pretty sure now it exists, someone on Ancestry claimed they had it. (about 12 years ago)

I think a trip to Hereford is in order..

Famous for offering help & advice

Or alternatively you should be able to access it at a Family History Centre:
    https://www.familysearch.org/search/...tory%20Library

Starting to feel at home

Can you access it from any Family History Centre? the website says it's only available in Utah

Famous for offering help & advice

It says it was published in Utah, but the film is available online at any Family History Centre.

If you click on the camera icon it say:

To view these images you must do one of the following:
    Access the site at a family history center.
    Access the site at a FamilySearch affiliate library.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Jammy whatnot. There's a FHC in Grimsby.
    For address, opening times, and phone number stick Grimsby in the empty box and then press 'sumbit'.
    https://www.familysearch.org/locations/

It's best to phone before turning up, (a) to confirm the hours are still as listed and (b) you may need to book a computer.
    You don't have to be an LDS Church member to use the Centre, and unless you initiate it, they don't talk religion.
    The members are extremely helpful. The one thing I would say is that the link on the computer might not take you to the direct page you want for the marriage licence. You might have to go through all the pages for the year, and from what I remember there might be two pages to the document. Though I might be confusing marriages licences and marriage bonds. But always check the next page, and if you're in a Record Office/Archives viewing an actual document then always turn the document over and look for anything written on the back of it. (That tip came from an extremely experienced researcher. )

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Reputation beyond repute

I'd give Hereford Record Office a call first. Record Offices are all well used to people phoning with enquiries like this. They'll surely have a reprographics service to send you a copy. You might get a nice surprise and find that they have an index to hand and be able to tell you how to order a copy.
    01432 260750

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12