Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Doris Ada Pretty b 1898 Leicestershire

Hi Everyone,
    I have another brick wall for your guidance please. Doris Ada Pretty born 1898 in Leicester married for the first time in 1934, Croydon Surrey to Frederick H Burrows. One child born in 1938, still alive, so no name mentioned, I have written to this person, but not heard back yet!
    Second marriage to Henry (Harry) Philip Knightley Friend in 1952, again in Croydon, Harry Friend died in 1969 in Croydon. Two children of that marriage, one deceased and one alive, I have written to that person, but no reply! I know it seems impossible that a women of her age could have two children from the second marriage being the age she was, but I have checked the birth records, and they seem to be natural children, not adopted?

The problem is, I can not find Doris Ada Friend as dying! I have checked to see if she married for a third time, and nothing! Help Required please, this scenario is giving me sleepless nights!

Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help me please.

Many thanks,

Carol

Hi
    I have been taking a look at this and just to make sure looked for birth of a Doris A Pretty anywhere, anytime in the UK and there is only the one you have in Leicester. If so then there could well be a first marriage for Doris in 1919 to a Forester Lee reg district West Bromwich. Forester didn't die until 1976 reg district Leicester. I can't see any other marriages for him on FreeBMD. One possible child to this marriage a Doris M lee birth reg 1920 Kings Norton boundary of Warwickshire and Staffordshire;
    So no further forward with finding Doris A after 1952 but may have added to the problem.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Doris M Lee 24 April 1920 hosiery machinist is on the 1939 register with Forester Lee 24 April 1897 Auto Edge setter? and Doris A Lee 23 Jan 1898 office cleaner. They are living at 9 Bewicke Rd Leicester.
    Doris M marries William Hirst in 1946.
    Does this information rule out your Doris A Pretty as marrying Forester Lee? Have you found her on the 1939 register with Burrows?
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Doris M Lee 24 April 1920 hosiery machinist is on the 1939 register with Forester Lee 24 April 1897 Auto Edge setter? and Doris A Lee 23 Jan 1898 office cleaner. They are living at 9 Bewicke Rd Leicester.
    Doris M marries William Hirst in 1946.
    Does this information rule out your Doris A Pretty as marrying Forester Lee? Have you found her on the 1939 register with Burrows?
    Christina

Edited to add:- the only Doris A Burrows I can see on the 1939 register is born 20 january 1900, married, and in the same household as a Norman Burrows.
    Strangely enough, I can not find Doris or Frederick Burrows on the 1939 census?

Hi
    I have been taking a look at this and just to make sure looked for birth of a Doris A Pretty anywhere, anytime in the UK and there is only the one you have in Leicester. If so then there could well be a first marriage for Doris in 1919 to a Forester Lee reg district West Bromwich. Forester didn't die until 1976 reg district Leicester. I can't see any other marriages for him on FreeBMD. One possible child to this marriage a Doris M lee birth reg 1920 Kings Norton boundary of Warwickshire and Staffordshire;
    So no further forward with finding Doris A after 1952 but may have added to the problem.

Christina
    Hi, Just had a look at further records, and the person who married Forester Lee was Doris A Petty, not Pretty!

The only one I can find is Doris A Burrows born 20 january 1900, married, and in the same household as a Norman Burrows.
    So how did you get back to Doris A Pretty being a person of interest in your tree? Did one of her children lead you back to her?
    Christina
    William Burroughs

The only one I can find is Doris A Burrows born 20 january 1900, married, and in the same household as a Norman Burrows.
    So how did you get back to Doris A Pretty being a person of interest in your tree? Did one of her children lead you back to her?
    Christina
    Doris A Pretty was on her marriage certificate to Frederick H Burrows in 1934, their son, ????? Was born in Croydon in 1938. This is the chap I have written to, but not yet had a reply!

Quote Originally Posted by carolp View Post
    Hi, Just had a look at further records, and the person who married Forester Lee was Doris A Petty, not Pretty!
    FreeBMD says Pretty and so does the typed image. Which marriage record gives her name as Petty?

Christina
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

There is a death for a Doris Ada Lee born 1898
    Died 1987
    Leicester Central
    Register number:987
    Vol:6
    Page:1377

Quote Originally Posted by carolp View Post
    Sorry, had the wrong glasses on, you were right it does say Pretty

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast