Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There is a Doris Annie Petty birth reg on FreeBMD sept 1/4 1901 Leicester but that birth date doesn't match with the one given on the 1939 register which is 23 Jan 1898. That date does match with the birth reg of Doris A Pretty in Leicester.
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by carolp View Post
    Sorry, had the wrong glasses on, you were right it does say Pretty
    I know that feeling - even when I have my glasses on!
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    There is a death for a Doris Ada Lee born 1898
    Died 1987
    Leicester Central
    Register number:987
    Vol:6
    Page:1377
    Good one Pamela.
    So do you know when your Doris Ada Burrows/Friend died?
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Good one Pamela.
    So do you know when your Doris Ada Burrows/Friend died?
    Christina
    That is the 64 million pound question, I can not find her as being dead as a Friend or Burrows

Quote Originally Posted by carolp View Post
    Doris A Pretty was on her marriage certificate to Frederick H Burrows in 1934, their son, ????? Was born in Croydon in 1938. This is the chap I have written to, but not yet had a reply!
    You have her marriage certificate? her rmiddle name? Her father's name and occupation? Witnesses?

I just went looking on the electoral rolls for Frederick H Burrow's son PWAB mmn Pretty born 1938. In 1963 he is with his wife MRB in Croydon house number 44. At number 14 in the same street is a Frederick H Burrows and an Edith M. So I went looking for a marriage for them and it was in 1954. Edith's surname Rowland. Coincidence here? -at number 12 is an Elizabeth A Pretty!

Christina
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    You have her marriage certificate? her rmiddle name? Her father's name and occupation? Witnesses?

I just went looking on the electoral rolls for Frederick H Burrow's son PWAB mmn Pretty born 1938. In 1963 he is with his wife MRB in Croydon house number 44. At number 14 in the same street is a Frederick H Burrows and an Edith M. So I went looking for a marriage for them and it was in 1954. Edith's surname Rowland. Coincidence here? -at number 12 is an Elizabeth A Pretty!

Christina
    Hi Christina,
    Do you have a crystal ball, or are you a professional researcher? Can you give me the road name please, PWAB and MRB are still married, and it is this guy I have written to. I wonder now whether I haven't had a reply because of all this remarrying!!

Famous for offering help & advice

Do you have any of Doris Ada's marriage certificates? Who does she name as her father?

The Elizabeth A Pretty mentioned may be the Elizabeth Agnes Wayling who married John Pretty in Croydon in 1907. In 1911 they have no children, and I cant see any born later either, so could Doris Ada actually be a child they adopted after 1911? John died 20 Mar 1953, administration to Elizabeth Agnes Pretty, who died in 1971.

Hi Christina,
    Do you have a crystal ball, or are you a professional researcher? Can you give me the road name please,
    No crystal ball and definitely not a professional researcher. There are so many on these forums far more knowledgeable than me.

The name of the road is Charnwood Road Croydon.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    Do you have any of Doris Ada's marriage certificates? Who does she name as her father?

The Elizabeth A Pretty mentioned may be the Elizabeth Agnes Wayling who married John Pretty in Croydon in 1907. In 1911 they have no children, and I cant see any born later either, so could Doris Ada actually be a child they adopted after 1911? John died 20 Mar 1953, administration to Elizabeth Agnes Pretty, who died in 1971.
    There is a birth registration for an Elizabeth Agnes Pretty June 1/4 1897 Woodbridge Suffolk Vol 4a Page 933

Nothing is clear cut is it with this Doris.But her birth reg seems fine.
    Her birth reg in 1898 gives her mother's maiden name as Morriss
    Clement Pretty and Mary Louisa Morriss married Dec 1/4 1887 in the registration district Blaby Liecestershire
    Doris is with them in 1901 and in 1911 is with her brother Sidney Clement Pretty.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Doris Ada's mother died 1909
    Mary Louisa Pretty age 45 June 1/4 1909 registration district Leicester vol 7a page 139

Death Clement Pretty age 65 Sept 1/4 1931 Leicester, Leicestershire Vol 7a Page 265

There is a marriage of a Clement Pretty and a Charlotte l Osgood March 1/4 1914 reg dist Bristol. I think she may be a widow maiden name Trott.
    William Burroughs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast