Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Post New member from Arizona, USA

Greetings from Valley of the Sun where we are enjoying our "live inside for now weather" of 113F.

I have been researching my family's history for the past 40 years and have gathered quite a large tree of names, dates, documents but not nearly enough stories.

About 120 years ago two young people, one Elijah Spry Hillman from Launceston, Cornwall and Miss Ethel Wilson from London met in the mining town of Jerome, Arizona and were married. They soon moved to Los Angeles, California where they raised their family of seven children. I am a fourth generation California girl now relocated back to Arizona.

My husband Jaren and I also raised seven children, all girls, and presently have 23 grandchildren. Many of our grandchildren love hearing about the life and times of their ancestors. I have diligently been trying to separate fact from family fiction and have found the facts are much more fascinating!

I am a retired estate planning para-legal. My husband and I love watching BBC's Escape to the Country and look forward to visiting and exploring the homeland of our ancestors in the near future.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    It is the stories that make our family research interesting isn't it.
    I am a newcomer to genealogy compared to you and it will be good to have another person on board with a knowledge of research in the US. My lot stayed firmly stuck in the UK apart from one who made the front pages of the US newspapers for infanticide. That was NOT a family story shared.
    If you do need help with any of your ancestors take a look around the forums and choose one of them in which to share your query. Our members love a good mystery so it won't be long before they get to work.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs