Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Herrod.

For me the acronyms jumped off the page. At the same time I had raised the question about the Frizington 1963 death, with no reference to source - simply a question?

A timely reminder!
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Valued member of Brit-Gen emmteeyess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    George B Harrod
    JAS 1931 Sunderland

Robert W Harrod
    OND 1925 Sunderland

Both have MMN -Hill
    Sunderland Registrars site has
    George Bateman Harrod b. 12 Sep 1931 index ref SW92/104 mmn Hill
    and
    Robert William Harrod b. 27 Oct 1925 index ref SW83/219 mmn Hill

Quote Originally Posted by P.Harrison View Post
    I am trying to find a pair of brothers, born in the 1920’s, not sure exactly when,to a George Bateman Herrod and an Ethel Herrod. They were Robert and George Herrod. Ethel died in 1937 and George Bateman Herrod married a Nellie Twist, in the same year. ...
    I can tell you
    George B Harrod married Ethel Hill 05 Feb 1918 at St.Michael's, Bishopwearmouth, Sunderland - index no. C019BK17/85
    Ethel died 28 May 1937 and is buried in Bishopwearmouth Municipal Cemetery, Sunderland
    looks like George B Harrod married a Sarah E Twist on 14 Sep 1937 registered in Sunderland - index no. M262/165 so looks like a Registery Office wedding.

Starting to feel at home

Again, Thankyou so much for everyone's help and research. We know so much more than before and that is down to all you researchers. Take a bow!!

Quote Originally Posted by emmteeyess View Post
    I can tell you
    George B Harrod married Ethel Hill 05 Feb 1918 at St.Michael's, Bishopwearmouth, Sunderland - index no. C019BK17/85
    Ethel died 28 May 1937 and is buried in Bishopwearmouth Municipal Cemetery, Sunderland
    p.Harrison

I have got a copy of the marriage cert for you (have sent you a pm about it )

Looks like George was a Private in the Royal Army Medical Corps and his address is given as Highfield War Hospital (which was in Sunderland) so I'm guessing he was either an orderly there or possibly a patient

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12