Thread: census

soden55

Default census

Hello, Does anybody know if there is a 1851 census for the Chanel Islands (in particular Guernsey)available somewhere. I have found both the 1861 and 1871 census on Ancestry and FMP, but nothing earlier to look for the Cunneen family to see if they were there at that time.
    Regards

Famous for offering help & advice

I have found 1851 census for Guernsey on Ancestry can’t see Cunneen could be mistranscribed.

soden55

Thank you, must admit it has been a good 6 months since I searched this line, so many new records. Will have a look, thank you very much.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Guernsey Census for 1851 is on fmp although I'm not sure how good the coverage is. If you click on the 'A-Z of Record sets' and type in Guernsey for the location in 1851 you should find the entries.

Emeltee

soden55

Thank you for the directions.

Quote Originally Posted by emeltee View Post
    Guernsey Census for 1851 is on fmp although I'm not sure how good the coverage is. If you click on the 'A-Z of Record sets' and type in Guernsey for the location in 1851 you should find the entries.

Emeltee

To find a specific census on ancestry I start at the Search page then in the RH column (scroll down) click on UK census. On the next page scroll down until you come to the list of census years and places below the searcj information boxes. Choose the one you want. I did take a look for Cu*en but only Cullen, Curren and De Cuen showed up.
    You can also start from ancestry's home page, choose 1851 census on the RH side UK census records, then scroll down until you see the list of 1851 place records underneath the search information boxes.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs