Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Default Help required - Screen in portrait mode

Don't know how I did it, but my laptop is now showing everything in portrait instead of landscape. i.e. my bookmarks are across the top of the screen instead of down the left-hand side.
    Can someone please tell me how to correct?
    Don't think it's relevant, but I'm using Windows7 and Firefox,

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

Hi Pam
    I'm on Windows 7 and to change how the task bar sits I just Left click on the task bar and move the cursor to the bottom of the screen.
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

It's a been very long while since I made this stupid mistake, but at the back of my mind I was thinking of your solution. And provided I'm correctly clicking on what you call the task bar (mine has the start button bottom left, clock bottom right, and then stuff such as icons for my virus protector, sound levels, etc, and 'links' to any windows I have open) then I tried that and it didn't work. Though the cursor seems to have a mind of its own and moves where it feels like moving to and from instead of going where I try to move it to!

Might have to wait a little while longer till my son gets up and can hopefully correct it using TeamViewer.
    Though as he's newly acquired a nine-week old puppy, he might be up already.

Pam

Reputation beyond repute

Try Ctrl-Alt-Up Arrow

Failing that try right clicking on the desktop screen (ie close Firefox and any other windows) and then select "display settings". Experiment. If anything doesn't work, set it back the way it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Try Ctrl-Alt-Up Arrow.
    Thank you for trying to help, Peter.
    After eventually receiving a similar message from my son who then added "If not try Ctrl + Alt + Left, that should rotate the screen anti clockwise", I finally realised what you meant. (I am not renowned for my technical ability. )
    Failing that try right clicking on the desktop screen (ie close Firefox and any other windows) and then select "display settings". Experiment. If anything doesn't work, set it back the way it was.
    Me, experiment?
    Not only am I not capable of doing such a thing, I am banned from even thinking of it. The average seven year-old probably knows more about computers, how they work and terminology, than me. I went to lessons for a year and still can't put two images side by side on a sheet of paper.

Pam