Thread: Death Query

Default Death Query

My father died on 14/12/1944 but it also has Incident Date 26/12/1944 and Reported to the War Office Casualty Branch for the 72 hrs ending 09.00 why is the incident date after the date of death.Thank You.Robert Warbrick

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi

CWGC has this - https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/c...brick,-robert/ . Has 14/12, where did you get the other record from? Can you show us the document?

regards

Robert
    Remembering

My Father 1819170 Lance Bombardier Robert Simpson 39/14 L.A.A. R.A.

simmo1 I got it from the Forces War Records web site.how do I attach a document or image to this message.Thank You.Robert Warbrick

Hi

When you reply, click on Go Advanced under the box you are typing in. Above the text box are a few lines, the middle one starts with BIU, if you roll the cursor over that line you will come to an icon which says add image, click, pick and add!
    It may be a transcription error, or it may just be the date the form was sent to the War Office Branch, which obviously would be after the date of death.

regards

Robert
    Remembering

HI

I dislike transcriptions for that reason. Find My Past has the actual sheet online as well as a transcription, so you can see the original document. He is in a list of men, with the heading Died of Wounds with the date of his casualty 14.12.44. The file is 500 pages long (it is on page 411), so you would need to look back to see what the headings are to confirm what else they wrote on the form that have been transcribed on FWR as what you wrote above, it is not on that page or the few before. FMP don't put anything like that for their transcription, not even the actual date!

regards

Robert
    Remembering

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound View Post
    simmo1 I got it from the Forces War Records web site.how do I attach a document or image to this message.Thank You.Robert Warbrick
    Unfortunately at the moment the method of inserting an image is not as it was prior to the Brit-Gen site going berserk a few weeks ago. Admin are aware of it but as yet it has not been taken back to the method Ronert described. At the moment you need a URL address for the image you want to insert so need to upload the photo to a site such as Flickr.
    As you came to us from Forces War Records reading this will explin our connection.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Christina thank you that explains things a bit better,i know when my dad died I was just curious why the incident date was after his death date.Robert Warbrick