Red face Beginning family research and a tree

Hi, I want to create a comprehensive family tree and need to find my ancestor who died during World War II. And also I want to learn some experience from those who have already researched their family history for a while.
    Besides, I havу a family tree website and I want to collect some info that I could use for my blog in the future.
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 23-07-2019 at 9:14 AM. Reason: Live link to tree website deleted

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello RosePat,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

I've moved your post to a thread of its own, titled 'Beginning family research and a tree'.

Regarding your WWll ancestor are you talking of a US serviceman, or another nationality? Servicemen from the UK and its Commonwealth can usually be found recorded on the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website, www.cwgc.org . I'm sure there must be a similar site for the US.

I found that I learnt a lot simply by reading other posts on this forum (and similar sites before this forum existed). Have a look at some of the sub-forums in the 'Family history threads' section, and then gradually work your work through some of the other sections. Pay particular attention to the 'stickies' at the top of each sub-forum. They're 'stuck' there because they contain particularly useful information.

Post a query when you're ready. You may find this helpful.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...us-to-help-you

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”