Looking for William Henry Fitzgerald b1817 on the 1841 census.
He married Louisa Watson in 1840 and their first child William was born in 1841.
On his marriage cert his occupation is Cabinet maker and address is Bedford Street/Square.
I have found him on later census records living with Louisa and other children and his occupation is Painter/Blind Painter.
I cannot find the family in 1841 though. I did find a William, Maria and baby William living in Woburn Square in Middlesex. Year of birth is 1816 and occupation could possibly be Painter so wondered if that was him.. but says country of birth is Ireland, whereas on later census records it has his place of birth as Middlesex.
Bit confused?? I have tried looking under the address of Bedford Street and Bedford Square but could only find a 15 year old Ann Fitzgerald living at Bedford Street.. I don't even know who that is at the moment?
Interested to trace his correct place of birth so I can confirm that I have the correct parents.
I looked for them in Phillip Street as this is the address on William's baptism record but could only find Martha and John living there (William's parents).