Default GEORGE FREDERICK BARROW MONTEFIORE 1850-1889

This new thread is in response to my offer to assist another researcher who has Mocatta/Montefiore/Goldsmid lines.
    My connection to this researcher is through one of my Goldsmid/Hart lines but I have found no evidence currently that I have any direct connection to the Mocatta or Montefiore and their associated lines through marriages.

The particular focus of this thread is George Frederick Barrow Montefiore 1850-1889 and his marriage to Dorothy (Dora)Frances Fuller 1851-1933. As a brief re-cap George Frederick Barrow Montefiore was the son of Joseph Barrow Montefiore 1803-1893 who married Rebecca Mocatta 1810-1886. This Montefiore line can be traced back to Moses Vita Montefiore and Esther Hannah Racah and their son Eliezer Montefiore 1760-1837 who had married Judith Barrow 1765-1836. There are wills which flesh out the various relatives and relationships including Synagogue Scribes Will Extracts.
    In the case of Eliezer Montefiore who died in 1837 South Street Finsbury he named his relatives including his niece Sarah Ribeiro Furtado wife of David Ribeiro Furtado. This David Ribeiro Furtado was to become a partner of Joseph Barrow Montefiore and Joseph's brother in law George Mocatta in Australia.

George Frederick Barrow Montefiore born Adelaide Bachelor married Dora Frances Fuller spinster born England at St Marks Darling Point Sydney (Anglican Parish Registers) 1 Feb 1881. They had two children -Florence Mary 1883-1976 and Gilbert V B 1887-1921.

Dorothy Frances Fuller born 20 Dec 1851 Streatham Surrey- her parents Francis Rayley Fuller 1807-1887 =Mary Ann Drew 1820-1904.

Australia Birth Index -Florence M Montefiore 1883 Paddington NSW
    Baptism Florence Mary Montefiore born 3 April 1883 baptised 19 April 1883 Parents George Barrow Montefiore Gentleman and Dorothy..Glen..? Road Sadora?
    Australia Birth Index -Gilbert V B Montefiore 1887 Woollahra NSW. He died in 1921. Anglican burial 18 June 1921 Sydney NSW Waverley Cemetery Section 14 Special Row 27 Inscription 1st A.S.B. A.C. A.I.F.

I will post further.
    Phillip
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

The Times 19 July 1889 reported the death of George Frederick Barrow "On board the SS Britannia near Albany,King George Sound,George Frederick, youngest son of Joseph Barrow Montefiore of 36 Kensington Gardens Square Bayswater. The UK Registers of Birth,Marriages, Deaths at Sea 1844-1890 recorded -George B Montefiore Merchant 38 British 11 Queen Victoria Street London EC -Cause of death strangulated hernia 17.7.1889 At Sea SS Brittania- Findagrave-George Barrow Montefiore b 1850 England Creek Brisbane City Queensland Death 17 July 1889 Death Place Albany Western Australia Memorial Cemetery Albany City WA Plot Lower Cemetery.

Florence Mary Montefiore married Herbert Allen BROAD July qtr 1901 Steyning Sussex.
    The Baptism register shows 1909 June 3 Rupert Vivian Broad b Jan 29 1909-parents Herbert Allen Broad Solicitor-Florence Mary Broad 269 King Street
    Another son was Cecil Lionel 1908-1942- he was killed WW2 and is buried Fayid War Cemetery El Isma iliya Egypt-Flying Officer. His probate recorded Cecil Lionel Broad 133 Gloucester Terrace Hyde Park London W2 died 8 Oct 1942 on war service Probate to Herbert Allen Broad solicitor Effects £228.2 1d

I will post further.

Phillip
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"