Default Glasite/Sandemanian Church, 'Baharie/Beharie'

Hi,
    I have ancestors that could be members of the Glasite church, started in Tealing by john Glas in about 1733. By a process of elimination from putting the census records of all families with similar surnames in Angus on a spreadsheet, then working with marriage and Howff burial records, I am assuming that the following are my ancestors: John Baharrie (c1656) in Tealing - son John Baharry (1738-1829) in Tealing & Dundee - son Alexander Balharry (1771-1844)in Dundee - son Robert Beharie (1816-1851) in Dundee, the last being my great,great,grandfather. None of them have birth details listed in the BMD records. Are they missing because they may have been recorded with the non-conformist church and if so is there any records from this church?
    Kind regards,
    Bob.

BMDs in Scotland didn’t start until 1855. Before that, we have to reply on the Parish Registers which can be found on Scotland’s People. Sometimes, the Church of Scotland Minister entered the baptisms and marriages of from other denominations, sometimes he didn’t. There are also some registers from other denominations, but these are very patchy. Many can be found on Scotland’s People, some are in the National Archibes. In all cases, survival isn’t guaranteed, especially when you consider the conditions existing in the 18th and 19th centuries.

I suggest that you take a look at the various posts “stuck” at the top of the General Scottish forum as they explain and suggest further sources, and how everything worked.