Thread: Freecert?

Super Moderator

Default Freecert?

There used to be a site which I am sure was called Freecert.

It was a site where you could enter all the details of any birth, marriage or death certificates you hold and so share the information. I have entered quite a lot over time.

Anyway I can't find the site now, does anyone know if it still exists? Maybe changed the name.

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

There is a site called Certificate Exchange and appears to fit the bill, if not by name.
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

Super Moderator

Thanks for the reply Peter. I had a look at the site. There are a couple of marriage certificates listed, no idea how they got there as I have never seen that site before and one of them relates to my mother. It also seems that whatever type of certificate I ask for it always comes up with mom's marriage details. A pity if Freecen is no longer available as there was a lot of certificate information listed.

Super Moderator

That should say Freecert, not Freecen!

You could try the Wayback Machine Internet Archive to see if it comes up.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

marj

There is this
    www.certificate-exchange.co.uk

Hope it helps.

Marj

Famous for offering help & advice

Are you thinking of www.bmdshare.com - it is on the wayback machine and has been 'returning soon' for years on its website which I can't currently find....

Super Moderator

Yes, I am sure it was bmdshare. It will be such a pity if it is no longer available. It was a site where all details of BMD certs could be entered, including witnesses to the marriage, informants of death etc. In fact all the info on the certificates. Just hope it comes back at sometime.

I seem to recall a NZ based site that started as a marriage witness match up but gradually evolved into a marriage register. It was a private site,can't remember the owner's name, but of course folk get older and sometimes lose the will to continue the management for a variety of reasons. Domains have also become more expensive so that philanthropy becomes more difficult to sustain. The sad thing is that the big players in record sharing are making fortunes quite often out of work done in the past by individuals for no payment.
    www.jeaned.net
    [url]https://edmck.blogspot.co.uk[url]