Thread: My grandma.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default My grandma.

Not sure I’m in the right place.
    There is a thread somewhere here that is about the surname Pratt.
    My mum’s mum was Gladys Muriel Pratt and she married Arthur J Anderson, second marriage for Arthur who already had children from first marriage.
    They lived in Leighton Buzzard, Arthur had a Photographic shop in the High Street.
    Arthur & Gladys had a daughter-Gillian, my mum.
    I would like to try to find out where Gladys originated from and any family, I think she had one sister, I have Gladys’s autograph book started in 1910, or thereabouts!
    I know that Gladys went to a school in Stony Stratford so presumably lived in that sort of area.
    Any help would be brilliant.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Gladys was born 30 Sept 1896 in Leighton Buzzard the daughter of David and Louisa Pratt (maiden name UFF}.

Gladys married Arthur in 1925 in Leighton Buzzard, and David and Louisa married there in 1896.

You can buy their marriage certificates from the GRO at https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...GettingStarted

The details that you would need to know are:
    Gladys - 1925 April quarter Leighton Buzzard Vol 3B Page 961
    David - 1890 April quarter Leighton Buzzard Vol 3B Page 797

According to the 1911 Census David and Louisa had 2 children but one had died. That was Louisa who was born in 1892 in Potterspury, Northamptonshire, and died there the same year.

David was born in 1862 and Louisa in 1865 and both in Leighton Buzzard.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    Gladys was born 30 Sept 1896 in Leighton Buzzard the daughter of David and Louisa Pratt (maiden name UFF}.

Gladys married Arthur in 1925 in Leighton Buzzard, and David and Louisa married there in 1896.

You can buy their marriage certificates from the GRO at https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...GettingStarted

The details that you would need to know are:
    Gladys - 1925 April quarter Leighton Buzzard Vol 3B Page 961
    David - 1890 April quarter Leighton Buzzard Vol 3B Page 797

According to the 1911 Census David and Louisa had 2 children but one had died. That was Louisa who was born in 1892 in Potterspury, Northamptonshire, and died there the same year.

David was born in 1862 and Louisa in 1865 and both in Leighton Buzzard.
    Thank you so much for the info.
    That’s what I really wanted to know DoB & marriage date & where she was born, thanks again.