Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BLOXBERGS from East London

Via DNA just found I have this family as my paternal ancestors. Looking especially for a Benjamin "Benny" Bloxberg. The family seems to have lived in Bow or Bethnal Green perhaps. Any information will be very helpful. Thanks

Super Moderator

Could this be Benjamin Bloksberg, born 1917 Mile End. Not sure who he married but it could have been Hettie Rabinovitch in 1938

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    You don't give any dates for your Benjamin Bloxberg (alternate spelling Bloksberg) but the only birth I can see on FreeBMD is of a Benjamin Bloksberg Sept 1/4 1917 registration district Mile End (which is an alternative name for Mile End Old Town and it spans the boundaries of the counties of London and Middlesex)His mother's maiden name is Dyk.
    There is a marriage of a Benjamin Bloxberg/Bloksberg (both names registered) in March 1/4 1938 reg dist Stepney to a Hettie Rabinovitch/Hetty Rabin.(again both names registered).
    I have moved your post from the Surname Interests forum to the Jewish Roots forum where it will generate more interest.
    Christina

You're quicker than me suemalings
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

In the 1946/1947 Electoral registers Benjamin and Hetty are living in Antill Rd, Mile End Old Town but don't appear after that.
    I can only see the birth of one possible child for them in 1947, a male.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

only birth birth I can see on FreeBMD is of a Benjamin Bloksberg Sept 1/4 1917 registration district Mile End (which is an alternative name for Mile End Old Town and it spans the boundaries of the counties of London and Middlesex)His mother's maiden name is Dyk.
    I wonder if this is the marriage of the parents of Benjamin born 1917. The surnames are not the same spellings but back then spelling wasn't so formal.
    Marriage Dec 1/4 1904 registration district Mile end vol 13 page737
    On the same page FreeBMD Herry Bloksberg and Milly Dick.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    You don't give any dates for your Benjamin Bloxberg (alternate spelling Bloksberg) but the only birth I can see on FreeBMD is of a Benjamin Bloksberg Sept 1/4 1917 registration district Mile End (which is an alternative name for Mile End Old Town and it spans the boundaries of the counties of London and Middlesex)His mother's maiden name is Dyk.
    There is a marriage of a Benjamin Bloxberg/Bloksberg (both names registered) in March 1/4 1938 reg dist Stepney to a Hettie Rabinovitch/Hetty Rabin.(again both names registered).
    I have moved your post from the Surname Interests forum to the Jewish Roots forum where it will generate more interest.
    Christina

You're quicker than me suemalings
    Thanks for the information and also for moving my post to what seems like a better Forum here.

Derek

Seems like you're correct Sue. Now to figure out if they had children and where they ended up.

Thanks for your help. I hope to figure out where they ended up or maybe ended down perhaps.

Derek

Hi
    I think Benjamin had a brother Isaac born 19 Dec 1911 birth registered March 1/4 1912. His marriage to rebecca Rosenberg was registered March 1/4 1931 reg dist Poplar. they are on the 1939 register but sometime after that they went to the US as his death is registered there 7 June 1999. His wife Rebecca died there also, 7 October 1995.
    Doesn't help finding Benjamin though.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Hi
    I think Benjamin had a brother Isaac born 19 Dec 1911 birth registered March 1/4 1912. His marriage to rebecca Rosenberg was registered March 1/4 1931 reg dist Poplar. they are on the 1939 register but sometime after that they went to the US as his death is registered there 7 June 1999. His wife Rebecca died there also, 7 October 1995.
    Doesn't help finding Benjamin though.
    Christina
    Thanks again, every little bit helps I think

Derek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast