Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    A fountain of knowledge

Default Site down time June 2019

Hello all and welcome back to British Genealogy.

My sincere apologies for the extended down time we had yesterday, this was due to some rather urgent maintenance actions we had to take to ensure the stability of the website.

We're back up now and fighting fit but you all have my thanks for your patience whilst we got these issues resolved.

I ccould not access the site under my old account. I have had to re-registered using a new account, and user name.

Why is this.?

The formatting now is ridiculous,

A fountain of knowledge

The site is still undergoing work I am afraid, so I apologise for any glitches whilst this is ongoing.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Whiteleaf,

Am I correct in that you had problems and re-registered on Tuesday?

A lot of people (including the Mods) had problems logging-in on Tuesday which is why the site has been offline.

You shouldn't have problems signing-in now.

Pam (she says, typing with fingers crossed )
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Growing old Disgracefully

hi its still not letting me log in

Yes Pam. That is correct. It happened after the flood of disguting posts, that were deleted promptly.

I still can't log in, using my old account.?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    hi its still not letting me log in
    Um, strange that, as I thought you could only post if you were logged in. So how come you've managed to post?

The pages are currently displaying in a weird way, but in the top right does it say 'Welcome sandyhall'. If so, you're already logged in.

Pam

I got in without problems, but I am not using my original password. I asked for a new one just before the site went down, and used the new one to get in today (and then changed it again).

There's a couple of other functions not operating as before, so I guess the system is still bouncing back. I was here just before lunch and it was all the usual colours, now it's a tasteful grey...

Quote Originally Posted by whiteleaf View Post
    Yes Pam. That is correct. It happened after the flood of disguting posts, that were deleted promptly.
    Yes, we did our best to keep those under control, but then got thwarted by the logging-in problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteleaf View Post
    I still can't log in, using my old account.?
    You should still be able to sign-in with your old username. However, I'm not sure how much this is affected if you used the same email address. (Not a techie person.)
    Try signing in with your old usernane, but pretend that you've forgotten your password and ask for a new one. If that works, then you change your new password back to one of your choice.

Otherwise:
    Unless you have any urgent enquiry you want to post, leave it a couple of days.
    I know by the way the site is currently presenting that there are still problems.

You should still be able to see all your old posts, under your former username.

Pam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast