Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Message from the moderators

We are currently being hit by a number of spammers and are unable to deal with them.

Admin have been made aware and are looking into it.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Wilson View Post
    We are currently being hit by a number of spammers and are unable to deal with them.

Admin have been made aware and are looking into it.
    Is it possible to delete these posts - Message #8 on "Cannot Download Adobe Flash Player" is spam.

I seem to be having problems with the "What's New" function. Instead of just getting the latest posts I am getting posts back to the site's recovery.
    IO am now using "Today's Posts" to overcome the issue.
    Last edited by David Tuson; 03-07-2019 at 5:46 AM. Reason: Misspelt a word

Thanks for this David, I hadn't noticed it because I always use Today's posts.
    I will let admin know.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

I just tried the "What's New" feature David and it looks fine to me.
    Some other members may try it out and let us know how/if it works for them?
    Christina
    William Burroughs

I think it gives you what is new to you the first time and then just adds any newer posts to the list. My what's new has two pages now. It has everything posted since the recovery.

And then it disappears the post from what's new when you answer it and puts it on today's posts. This is a pain in the pinny
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Famous for offering help & advice

I mostly use "What's New" when I come here.

Previously (as I remember) it showed all threads with new posts since my previous visit, and the colour of the envelope icon on the left indicated the thread's status: red for very active; blue unread; grey read. There's also the little blue icon with down arrows to go to the first unread message.

Showing or not showing read messages is the main change that I've noticed since the upheaval. Previously after spending a while looking at posts I would hit What's New again in case anything else had appeared, and the posts I'd just looked at would still be there, but with a grey envelope icon and no blue double arrow icon. Now the What's New list shows only unread messages, and the ones I've seen have disappeared. (I think this is what Ladkyis is saying too.)

And like David says, the list goes back beyond the previous visit, so it's now really an Unread Messages list rather than What's New. Presumably you can clear it by marking all messages as read (in Forum Actions), but I preferred it as it used to be. Today's Posts gives the closest approximation to that, but if you don't visit every day it won't work.

Thank you for the explanation Arthur.
    That's another thing we are missing - the thanks button.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Thanks for the explanation Arthur.

I liked the last line of a previous post "This is a pain in the pinny". Wonder how may of today's generation know what a pinny is!

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

We know that there are still a few problems from when the system had to have outage time in June.

First of all, is anyone who uses the 'what's new' button still having problems with it?

Secondly, somewhere in the forum there is mention of people having difficulty accessing the home page automatically. Is this still an on-going problem for anyone?

Thirdly, we know the 'thanks' button is missing.

Not sure if I'm brave enough to ask if anyone has any other 'system' problems with the forum.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast