Starting to feel at home

Default Whatever happened to Charles Mace...still

Trying to find out whatever happened to gunner Charles Mace Royal Regiment of Artillery who was stationed in Berwick upon Tweed up to about 1746 and then dissapears off all the recortds i can find...No buriel but his wife is recorded as a widow a few years later and she and their child are still living in Berwick. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

What other details do you have for Charles as regards when and where he was both baptised and married, when and where any children were baptised, etc.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

sorry for the delay in replying but been in France...ok Charles was baptised in january 1708 in St Martin in the Fields. He joined the Royal Regiment of Artillery posted in Minorca but recalled to Britain when Bonnie Prince Charlie invaded in 45 and was stationed in Berwick upon Tweed. He married Fortune Crawford in July 1747 had their only child the same year and Fortune was buried in 1782 as a widow. The latter three events all took place in Berwick and i think my last payment too him there from his Regiment occurred about 1747. I can find no buriel for him at all...