Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loves to help with queries

Anyone interested in this thread I can confirm that Thomas Pinder Parkinson died 30 January 1984 aged 70 in Lamlash Isle of Arran. Death certificate shows his second wife Mary Ferguson Parkinson (nee Rook) registered the death. She died 2009 aged 99 also Isle of Arran.
    Thomas's first wife Ruth Yvonne Parkinson (nee Cameron-Dow) died 1984 aged 56 in Harare Zimbabwe. Thomas & Ruth divorced in the mid-1950's. I don't know yet when & where Thomas & Mary married or if Ruth remarried.
    Thank you for every ones help and interest.
    Colin

Famous for offering help & advice

oh well done - how did you succeed where I failed ? I must admit I completely forgot to look on Scotlands People, so that's a valuable lesson for the future. How did you find the Zimbabwe record ?

Well I got really lucky. Able to trace Thomas & Ruth's son in Australia who kindly gave me some of the information and the death certificate from Scottish People confirmed some details. Incidentally the certificate arrived next day! Also searching on Scottish People gave an outline of the death details and similarly taught me a lesson to try Scottish People more frequently.

To conclude this thread I have come across Mary Ferguson Parkinson's niece, a Mrs C.S. She has kindly filled in the gaps and supplied me with a copy of a Rhodesia marriage certificate. Thomas Pinder Parkinson married Mary Ferguson Rook (nee Logan) on 9 January 1978 in Chiredzi. Thomas was a divorcee aged 64 and Mary a widow aged 67. Interestingly the marriage certificate does not give occupations or fathers names.
    Following the political upheavals in Rhodesia Thomas & Mary returned to the UK in 1983. Due to the severe restrictions in removing assets Thomas & Mary were almost refugees. Mrs C S mother, Mrs A N ( Mary's sister) had a holiday home at Lamlash on the Isle of Arran and this was offered to Thomas & Mary. Thomas died on 30 January 1984 while walking back to the house from the village where he had been to collect the newspaper.
    A side story is that 2 brothers of Mary and Mrs A N emigrated to Rhodesia in 1937. Their mother, Isabella Logan, went to visit them for a planned 6 month stay in 1939. Her eldest daughter Mary was to look after the youngest daughter (subsequently Mrs A N). She sailed in July 1939 and was unable to return until 1945 due to the war.
    I hope anyone interested in this story enjoys this epilogue.
    Colin

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I know this is a little late, but, thank you, Colin, for 'completing the story'.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Hi Pam, thank you. I was delighted to get a full story for Thomas Pinder Parkinson. As ever due to the information on certificates and fairly new for me finding family members on social media, including Thomas's son and his second wife's niece. Their insight were very helpful.

Colin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12