Settling in

Cool Wilson/Price/Parnham/Smith/Mobbs/Gray

Hiya, My Name is Rosie.

I've been stuck for a number of years on my gt gt Grandads bio birth.

Joining today I'm hoping fresh eyes and knowledge might solve my mystery.

George Attrick(Hattrick) Price was born George Price 1854 in Lincoln to Jane Wilson and George Price of Andersons lane Lincoln according to birth certificate. He may well have had Sister Alice 1851 and Mary 1856 Lincoln also. No trace of the 'Jane Wilson' or George Price on my radar throughout.

My George is raised until marriage 1876 in Hull to Jane Hollis as a Parnham. But wedding he gives George Attrick Price. 1888 he commits suicide in New Buckenham Norfolk as is buried as Geroge Parnham son of George and Jane Parnham Lincoln.

A lady resercher once suggested quite strongly that Parnham senior and Price were one and the same person. Her reasoning was that he had been with Jane Hattrick most of his/her life. And also the fact that you can find Parnhams, Thomas and George in 1841 and 1861 but not in 1851. She said there was Thomas and George Price in gaol in 1851 for assault (this is a story I still hear handed down by my uncle about his granddad and his brother (but it was in fact, if true, his gt granddad etc) so made a bit of sense. Also No Jane Wilson fitting our lady. No George Price fitting our man...and no Thomas and George Price in 1861. She said these 2 simply got into trouble , gave a different name, George fathers children under that name (not sure about Thomas) and then slipped back into their real name of Parnham. (Seems they would have done this for a little while if Mary Price 1856 is accredited to thee GP)

Parnham senior is with Jane in 1861 Lincoln( born Doncaster abt 1833. He marrys Jane Attrick in 1866 (but had at least one child 1865 with her) (both say spinst/bach. She was also from Doncaster again abt the dob)
    Were these 2 different women? Did first one die? and then he wed? I can't find any proof of
    anything.

I traced Jane Hattrick easily..and has my George gave Attrick middle name at his wedding I followed what the lady had said thinking thats why he had used her name in respect(it was handed down 2/3 gens after that changing form slightly) He was only about 11 when George married in 1866, perhaps he might have forgotten his real mother? Find that a bit hard to believe as I lost a baby sister when that age...shes with me to this day in my mind and heart.

It would be nice to get this to sit with a bit more finality. Sorry its so long...i guess i'm desperately having one last surge...
    Many thanks for reading etc.. If anyone fancies being 'THE ONE' to end my misery please DO! Rosie

A fountain of knowledge

DUPLICATE THREAD with replies
    HERE