Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Settling in

Cool Wilson/Price/Parnham/Smith/Mobbs/Gray

Hiya, My Name is Rosie.

I've been stuck for a number of years on my gt gt Grandads bio birth

Joining today I'm hoping fresh eyes and knowledge might solve my mystery.

George Attrick(Hattrick) Price was born George Price 1854 in Lincoln to Jane Wilson and George Price of Andersons lane Lincoln according to birth certificate. He may well have had Sister Alice 1851 and Mary 1856 Lincoln also. No trace of the 'Jane Wilson' or George Price on my radar throughout.

My George is raised until marriage 1876 in Hull to Jane Hollis as a Parnham. But wedding he gives George Attrick Price. 1888 he commits suicide in New Buckenham Norfolk as is buried as Geroge Parnham son of George and Jane Parnham Lincoln.

A lady resercher once suggested quite strongly that Parnham senior and Price were one and the same person. Her reasoning was that he had been with Jane Hattrick most of his/her life. And also the fact that you can find Parnhams, Thomas and George in 1841 and 1861 but not in 1851. She said there was Thomas and George Price in gaol in 1851 for assault (this is a story I still hear handed down by my uncle about his granddad and his brother (but it was in fact, if true, his gt granddad etc) so made a bit of sense. Also No Jane Wilson fitting our lady. No George Price fitting our man...and no Thomas and George Price in 1861. She said these 2 simply got into trouble , gave a different name, George fathers children under that name (not sure about Thomas) and then slipped back into their real name of Parnham. (Seems they would have done this for a little while if Mary Price 1856 is accredited to thee GP)

Parnham senior is with Jane in 1861 Lincoln( born Doncaster abt 1833. He marrys Jane Attrick in 1866 (but had at least one child 1865 with her) (both say spinst/bach. She was also from Doncaster again abt the dob)
    Were these 2 different women? Did first one die? and then he wed? I can't find any proof of
    anything

I traced Jane Hattrick easily..and has my George gave Attrick middle name at his wedding I followed what the lady had said thinking thats why he had used her name in respect(it was handed down 2/3 gens after that changing form slightly) But as he was only about 11 when George married in 1866 perhaps he might have forgotten his real mother? Find that a bit hard to believe as I lost a baby sister when that age...shes with me to this day in my mind and heart.

It would be nice to get this to sit with a bit more finality. Sorry its so long...i guess i'm desperately having one last surge...
    Many thanks for reading etc.. If anyone fancies being 'THE ONE' to end my misery please DO! Rosie

Growing old Disgracefully

Sister Mary Price birth 13 Nov 1856, Baptism Date 04 Jan 1857, St. Mary Magdalene's, Lincoln, Lincoln, England, father George Price Mother Jane Wilson.

Growing old Disgracefully

Only found George and Mary in Free BMD with mothers Maiden Name Wilson.

Settling in

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    Only found George and Mary in Free BMD with mothers Maiden Name Wilson.
    Thank you. I do believe this could be the same family. But finding who they are is such a trial😱 x

Hello Rosie,

I'm a little rusty as haven't good concentration at the moment so hope I've understood your problem

How I understand your query.

George Price/Parnham birth registered as...
    PRICE, GEORGE, MMN WILSON
    GRO Reference: 1854 M Quarter in LINCOLN Volume 07A Page 437

George on census pre marriage listed as Parnham.

1871, Lincoln, RG10; Piece: 3371; Folio: 67; Page: 11
    George Parnham 44, general dealer, Derby St Nicholas
    Jane Parnham 38, Doncaster
    Alice Parnham 19, Nottingham
    George Parnham 17, Lincoln
    Richard Parnham 13, Notts Worksop
    Thomas Pamham 11, Notts Worksop
    William Pamham 9, Notts Worksop
    Ellen Pamham 7, Notts Worksop
    Samuel Pamham 5, Notts Worksop
    John Pamham 3, Lincoln
    Sarah Pamham 1, Lincoln

1861, Worksop, RG 9; Piece: 2418; Folio: 58; Page: 4
    George Parnham 31, chair bottomer and lodging house keeper. Derby
    Jane Parnham 24, Doncaster
    Alice Parnham 9, Nottingham
    George Parnham 8, Lincoln
    Richard Parnham 2, Worksop
    Thomas Parnham 1, Worksop

Looking at George seniors children Alice was registered as Hatterick, no MMN therefore presumably illegitimate (possibly not George's). She seems to have been registered twice. The second reg is not on FreeBMD, but is on the GRO.

HATTERICK, ALICE -
    GRO Reference: 1851 J Quarter in NOTTINGHAM Volume 15 Page 637
    HATTERICK, ALICE -
    GRO Reference: 1852 M Quarter in NOTTINGHAM Volume 02C Page 637

The next three children are registered with MMN Wilson

PARNHAM, RICHARD, Mother's maiden name WILSON
    GRO Reference: 1858 D Quarter in WORKSOP Volume 07B Page 26

PARNHAM, THOMAS, Mother's maiden name WILSON
    GRO Reference: 1860 J Quarter in WORKSOP Volume 07B Page 23

PARNHAM, WILLIAM, Mother's maiden name WILSON
    GRO Reference: 1862 M Quarter in WORKSOP Volume 07B Page 29

I haven't found Helen/Ellen in the gro so I don't have a MMN. She is in FreeBMD

Births Jun 1864
    PARNHAM Helen Worksop 7b 27

The next three children have MMN Attrick which is interesting as they were born around or after the time George married Jane Attrick (married Worksop, June qrt 1866)

PARNHAM, SAMUEL ATTRICK, Mother's maiden name ATTRICK
    GRO Reference: 1865 D Quarter in WORKSOP Volume 07B Page 27

PARNHAM, JOHN, Mother's maiden name ATTRICK
    GRO Reference: 1867 D Quarter in LINCOLN Volume 07A Page 443

PARNHAM, SARAH ATTRICK
    GRO Reference: 1870 M Quarter in LINCOLN Volume 07A Page 496

None of my findings either prove, or disprove whether all the children had the same mother, though I do think it odd that only the later born children were registered with MMN Attrick, however, unless a marriage can be found between a George Parnham to a female Wilson you may never know. Do you have a birth certificate for one of the children whose MMN is Wilson?
    Alma

You most likely have these censuses, but I'm posting them as they may help others who'd like to join the search.

1841, Derby. Richard, Mary and Ann not born in county
    Richard Pernhan 45, chair??? mender or maker
    Mary Pernhan 40
    Ann Pernhan 15
    George Pernhan 13
    Thomas Pernhan 10
    William Pernhan 9
    Alice Pernhan 7
    Jane Pernhan 7
    Sarah Pernhan 4

1851, nottingham. HO107; Piece: 2132; Folio: 143; Page: 24;
    Chas Russell 39
    Ann Russell 24 (this is Ann Pernham age 15 in 1841)
    Sarah Parnham 14, derbyshire, sister
    Thos Knight 39
    Sarah Towe 21
    Wm Finch 58
    Jane Hatrick 18 Doncaster (George's future wife?)
    Samuel Brown 45

Marriages Jun 1847 these two people are on the same page
    PARNHAM Ann Nottingham 15 861
    Russell Charles Nottingham 15 861

And this who you think is George senior in prison in 1851 along with his brother Thomas.

Oakham, Peterborough, County Gaol. HO107; Piece: 2092; Folio: 246; Page: 44

George Price 22, Derbyshire
    Thos Price 21, Derbyshire

I've seen the marriage listing George junior as George Attrick Price, Aug 29 1876 in Hull to Jane Hollis.
    Did he keep the name Price until his death when you say he's buried with the name Parnham? As he used the middle name Attrick at marriage it does complicate things and suggests that maybe his mother usedd both Attrick and Wilson as MMN on the children's birth registrations.
    Alma

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

There's another thread concerning George. I haven't read it, but for anyone who's helping with this thread there may be some relevant information in it.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...light=Hattrick

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Settling in

Almach, you are far from rusty for you have noted my problem exactly. You have dug out all the information that I found and it's led both of us to this place. I have GPrices cert 1854, it gives what we know, Price /Wilson of Anderson Lane Lincoln.
    Like you say, its something our family may never know. One thing I will say is George's wife, Jane Hollis has a Wilson Link. Her mother was Grace Alice Wilson born 1830? (hard to recall from my bed ) Market Weighton. And if my memory serves me her and Reubin Hollis have a Mary and John Wilson either living with them on a census or close to them.
    This gave me a Wilson link of a sorts. And again from memory I think Geo and Jane Price also have a Wilson living with them, Andrew? 1881? Just can't remember, but noted it I'm sure. So these facts have also played on my mind. There has been in history lots of marrying cousins in travelling families ( well, found it in other families too to be honest. The world was a much small place back then) but with that in mind I can't help but feel I'm missing something? Yet just can't find that bit of daylight to shine on it.
    Anything you might find on the Wilson I found above? May just break the case��
    Thank you for that in depth summary of my family brickwall. It was spot on and obviously took some chasing down. Appreciated ��

Settling in

Any chance someone watching thus thread, if almach is not on today, could give me 1861 and it maybe 1871 census Rubin Hollis wife Grace born Market Weighten.. They were in Nottingham St Mary I think. I'm interested to find where I saw John and Mary Wilson.. With them or just below.. Ages and where born would be great. Just following up to see if any link to my missing Wilson.. Thanks

Is this the 1861 with Grace entered as WILLSON?

1861, Mablethorpe St Peter, Lincolnshire. RG 9; Piece: 2379; Folio: 117; Page: 19;
    Andrew Willson 58, dealer in earthenware, Kirkbymoorside, Yorks
    Margaret Willson 55, wife, Market Wheaton? Weighton. Yorks
    Thomas Willson 22, son, Yorkshire
    Margaret Willson 20, dau, Pocklington
    Mary Willson 18, dau, Allerton
    Magaline Willson, dau, 16,
    Elizabeth Willson, dau, 16
    Grace Willson 28, dau, married, Selby
    Margaret Willson 10, grandau, Scarboro Yorks
    Andrew Willson 4, grandson, Nottinghamshire
    Jane Willson 1, grandau, Boston Lincs

Depending how my day goes, I'll try later for the 1871