Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dundee10

Just curious - how are you able to purchase a birth certificate for someone who was born in 1955?

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee10 View Post
    Just curious - how are you able to purchase a birth certificate for someone who was born in 1955?
    My adopted brother is deceased and I applied to Inherited his rights to his adoption information via Family and Community Services and was successful as I am his next of kin (adoptive parents are deceased, he was never married and has no children). Hence I am able to obtain his pre adoption birth certificate. I am even able to obtain an extract of his birth mothers birth certificate (if she was born in NSW). I already have his post adoption birth certificate (was in his belongings), his death certificate (as I was the informant and next of kin) and a copy of the Court Order Adoption Certificate.

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post

Do you have a LDS Family History Centre nearby, as they usually have access to Ancestry. FHCs are free to attend though you may have to book to use a computer.

Pam
    Most local libraries would have free access to Ancestry and Find My Past and various other useful databases. Very easy access for most people, unless you are in regional Australia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12