Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This guy's forename has been a subject of discussion for over 100 years, all by microscope historians. I've had a fair amount of luck with other makers by including my genealogy activities with the books written by the others plus the websites of antique dealers, but if you listen carefully, you can hear the ghost of Rochette Jeune sniggering.

He should be flattered!

Famous for offering help & advice

Someone at Ancestry has obviously decided that Alberta, Canada wasn't in the commonwealth, as I keep getting subscription requests on that states records!

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change. Pam Downes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch in Notts View Post
    Someone at Ancestry has obviously decided that Alberta, Canada wasn't in the commonwealth, as I keep getting subscription requests on that states records!
    I did warn everyone that Ancestry aren't very good at geography.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    I did warn everyone that Ancestry aren't very good at geography.

Pam
    And I've now remembered that Canada has Provinces and not States, knew it was wrong when I wrote it. Must be my sense of Geography.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch in Notts View Post
    And I've now remembered that Canada has Provinces and not States, knew it was wrong when I wrote it. Must be my sense of Geography.....
    Hopefully no-one else will see your comment. I once made the same mistake as you, and got my knuckles severely rapped!

Just remembered - good news! This thread will be deleted when the offer finishes, so your sin will disappear.

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    It was an amusing answer however one read it! I thnik it worked.

I have one of those impossible searches for an early 19th century French microscope maker whose forename isn't known - the father's is (Gerard) and since he calls himself by his surname and "Jeune" I think his forename must have also been Gerard... Can't prove it though - I've tried Family Search and am now hopefully waiting to see whether FMP will have an Easter offer!
    Bad news, Lesley. FMP have no record sets with France in the title.

There are some entries for Gerard Rochette's, mainly in Canada, plus some others where G is the initial of the second name. However there is only one born in 1805, the others are born 1881 onwards.

Pam

Thanks for looking!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12