Default FreeBMD - How to Download to Excel Spreadshe

Hi I am trying to download from FreeBMD into Excel spreadsheet but it seems that I can only download as a .txt document. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello shetlandtim,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

I am no techie, but even I know that you need to tell us exactly what you are trying to put in the spreadsheet before we can help. e.g. did you search for all [surname] births between 1861 and 1871 in Warwickshire, and want to download the result of that search, or is it the image on which a particular entry appears?

If you also tell us why you want to make the spreadsheet someone might be able to suggest an easier answer.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi
    I have just experimented and successfully got the results of a search into EXCEL - WINDOWS operating system
    Here is how I did it................................
    When I clicked on the DOWNLOAD tab I selected the option to SAVE the resulting file.
    I opened the file in my Downloads folder using NOTEPAD editor and deleted the non important text.
    Next I opened the TXT file in EXCEL selecting the option for fields separated by DELIMITERS.
    I then had a spreadsheet with my results that I could have saved as a WORKBOOK but as this was an experiment I just exited without saving.

Clear as mud? If you need any advice I will be happy to help.
    David

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

See. I told you I wasn't a techie.

After a few minutes headscratching, followed by I have, for the first time - and after about twenty years of using FreeBMD! - found/seen the download button in the top right-hand corner. Must admit that I don't know if I'll ever need it though.

Meanwhile, to David for understanding what shetlandtim was talking about.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    See. I told you I wasn't a techie.

After a few minutes headscratching, followed by I have, for the first time - and after about twenty years of using FreeBMD! - found/seen the download button in the top right-hand corner. Must admit that I don't know if I'll ever need it though.

Meanwhile, to David for understanding what shetlandtim was talking about.

Pam
    It is a good job my "office" is in the basement of our home with double doors at one end otherwise I would have been stuck here with a swollen head from your use of
    the !!!!!!