Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Growing old Disgracefully

I just came to give you an update but it looks like you found it.

This is what I found Robert Wallen abt 1785 Shrewton, Wiltshire, England (2 sources)

A son Joseph Baptised 19 May 1807 Maddinton Wiltshire, England father Robert Wallen occupation Shepard and mother Sarah Windsor

A son Thomas Born 18 Jan 1812 Bapt. 26 Jan 1812 father Robert Wallen Occ Shepard mother Mary Keel
    A Daughter Sara Born 13 Dec 1813 bapt.26 Dec 1813 Father Robert Wallen Occ shepard mother Mary Keel
    A Daughter Ann Baptised 7 Mar 1816 Father Rober Wallen Occ shepard mother Mary Keel

Census 1851 Figheldean
    Robert Waller Age 66 Head Agg Lab
    Elizabeth Waller Age 60 Wife
    Charles WallerAge 6 Grandson
    Andrew Waller Age 4 Grandson
    Lucy Whicher Age 20 Grand daughter
    Mary Whicher Age 2 Great Grand daughter

Census 1861 Figheldean
    Robert Waller Age 79 Head Agg Lab and shepard
    Elizabeth Waller Age 70 Wife

A Marriage to Elizabeth Windsor 1819 Maddington, Wiltshire, England

Starting to feel at home

Thank you Sandyhall. Was he Wallen or Warren on your sources? Just curious. I should have thought of Warren.
    Elizabeth Windsor possibly b. 6.2.1791, bp 12.2.1791 Maddington to Abraham and Grace. They had a son Joseph bp 22.6.1800, so interesting to see James and Elizabeth also have a Joseph. I'd not found him.

In 1851 - the 2 "Whicher" grandchildren are actually Wheeler, children of James eldest daughter, widowed Elizabeth Wheeler, who is off housekeeping for her widowed brother Thomas and his brood. Charles & Andrew Wallen are sons of another brother John

Best wishes, Heather

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12