Default Liberators on film WWII Nijmegen, The Netherl

Liberators on film
    The Nijmegen Regional Archives earlier acquired a collection of 684 pictures of Allied soldiers who were involved in the liberation of Nijmegen in World War II or who were stationed at Nijmegen afterwards. The collection was donated in 2000 by ‘Foto Verweij’, a photography shop in Nijmegen.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/region...7629480797400/

Oh I did so hope my Dad would be on there! He was in the RMRE and with the Welsh guards as they fought their way through. He was one of the sappers who made safe the Graave Bridge when the retreating german army failed to blow it up. He went back to Nijmegan when they had their 20 year anniversary celebrations and met up with an american who had parachuted in with the 82nd airborne with a rifle that wouldn't work. My Dad tried to fix it for him and had often wondered what had happened to him. They met, through the enterprising couriers on their coaches, on the Graave Bridge just yards away from their first meeting place. Pictures were taken LOL
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

A fountain of knowledge

The duplicate thread has been locked. Those wishing to contribute please post your information on this thread.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Default WWII Nijmegen photos

A fascinating series of photos. Avidly searched for my father (79th Armoured Division) and father in law (1st Rifle Brigade). Whilst not present, felt a bond to all these men. Many thanks for sharing.

You're welcome!