Loves to help with queries radstockjeff's Avatar

Default Mary Elizabeth Rogers b1842

In my search for Mary there is a blank space of about 15 years between 1861 and 1875.
    Mary was born in Midsomer Norton in 1842, the first daughter of Thomas and Eliza.
    In 1861 she appears to be in service in London at the home of Isaac Hinton (Kinton) a journeyman baker at Great Chapel St Westminster St Margaret.

My next sighting of her is her marriage to Isaac Groom at St Silas Hunslet in 1875. Therefater she is living at Headwall Green Golcar and then at Hagg Farm Upper Hopton? near Leeds.
    Isaac died in 1911 and I believe Mary died the following year, possibly in Bristol, where she had relatives.

Can anyone please help in filling in any details of the missing years between 1861 and 1875.
    Thanks
    Jeff

Famous for offering help & advice

I can't seem to find Isaac Hinton's 1871 census. He is at the same address in 1881 and 1891.

Failing that, on RG10; piece 807; folio 101; page 18 - 1871 census - a Somerset-born servant written Mary RODGERS is with surgeon Henry Francis ASKHAN in Woking, Surrey - with a black line through her age, though it looks like 24 (years old).

edit - I've now found Isaac on 1871 but Mary Rogers is no longer with them (you probably knew that)

Loves to help with queries radstockjeff's Avatar

Thanks Wimsey - that looks quite promising although age is not quite right. Named as RODGERS not ROGERS but that is understandable also. Next task is to find when she travelled north to Hunslet.