floramaggie

Default Looking for a marriage

I am looking for the marriage of William Prince to Hannah Grinston?. I have the baptism of a son Jonathan in December 1778 at Brompton by Northallerton but I don't know if he was first child or how many were born to this couple. I am hoping to find out if this Jonathan is my ancestor who married Elizabeth Price in Monkwearmouth 1807. Many thanks

Valued member of Brit-Gen emmteeyess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by floramaggie View Post
    .... I am hoping to find out if this Jonathan is my ancestor who married Elizabeth Price in Monkwearmouth 1807. Many thanks
    Unfortunately I can't see any marriages for Monkwearmouth 1807 on FamilySearch - I suspect the registers for 1807-1808 weren't copied.
    I have found two baptisms of children of Jonathon Prince and his wife Elizabeth Price - and on both Jonathon is given as a mariner and living in Monkwearmouth Shore - if that helps.

One baptism register gives -
    Jane Prince b. 1st Feb 1811 bapt. 10 Feb 1811 - 1st dau & 2nd child - of Jonathan Prince, Shore, Mariner, by his wife Eliz'th dau. of Wm Price, Sunderland
    The other just gives
    bapt 10 dec 1815 Jonath'n son of Jonath'n Prince & Eliz'th Price, Shore, Mar'r

Cheers, MTS

Knowledgeable and helpful

William Prince married Hannah Crimstone 8 April 1788 in Hart, Durham by Banns.

Image available on findmypast

Emeltee