Default 48 hours of vindication.

Like many of you I have been compiling my family tree for many years. We all experience the brick walls and the mysteries. There have also been a few mistakes and the wrong turnings taken. As being a former member of the legal profession evidence is so important to me. In the last 48 hours i have found two funeral newspaper articles of my Great Grandmother and a Great Uncle. Both articles state names of those attending and their relationship to the deceased. Everything ties up with my tree and a vindication of my hard work. However still some brick walls to knock down.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Like you, I've found tracking down obituaries/funeral newspaper articles extremely worthwhile. As well as a list of the relatives attending the funeral (and sometimes the ones who didn't), you usually find out where the deceased is buried.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

I have a subscription to the British Library Newspaper Archive because I have actors. I know that kind of sounds like a disease (and sometimes they behave like one) but their main aim in life seemed to be getting their names in the reviews without ever telling the truth.
    The newspaper archive has given me no end of information - I found items about great grandmother travelling across South Africa in an oxcart. I would never have known about that without newspaper archives
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Pam, Yes it does tell you who didn't attend. Three of my Great Uncles children did not attend as they had influenza it was reported. The sad thing is that at the time of his death in 1927 it stated that one of his sons was still missing in action in the Great War. However I now know he was killed in Flanders in 1917 and buried there. With regard to the place of burial of my Great Grandmother I have been there and had no idea. My Grandparents are in the same graveyard so I will go back and pay my respects.

Ladkyis, I do not have any actors but one of my Grandparents has the same name as someone involved in the theatre in London. That was a little frustrating at times.