Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I've got an appointment for part of the programme time but I've set the recorder.

I must say that after watching all the programmes so far that I've now decided it might be worth taking DNA test. Not so much to find distant cousins (I've found quite a few just by tracing families forward to the present day) but for my ethnicity. Haven't found any 'foreign bodies' so far, so it will be very interesting to see what my DNA says.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Coincidentally, there’s an article on the BBC home page about people who’ve had unexpected results....

Watched you today! Also saw you "popping in" to some of the other programmes Very interesting.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

A fountain of knowledge

Lesley, we can get TV channels (even the geo location locked ones) over the internet using a VPN software plug in.
    Basically we use a amazon TV box at home with Kodi software installed and pay for a subscription to pureVPN also which then allows the user to choose a country -and then spoofs the provider into thinking you're in their location so allows the channels to show.
    We regularly watch France TV and RAI channels (Italy) both live & recorded doing this.

Thanks Tim, I’ll look into it.

Here's an interesting development from the programme. They did my DNA test through Ancestry and when the programme had aired they gave me the results and a year's membership to Ancestry.
    Since the DNA results went live I have had six - yes SIX messages from cousins that I didn't know. only one of them is connected through the same branch as my actors, the others all connect through the maternal branches. I am so excited about this and we are all going to comb through our notes and exchange info after Christmas. Isn't that wonderful? Well I think so. I might have to increase the mailing list for the newsletter - or simply start another one for that side of the tree.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Just to add more about the after effects of the DNA test. I am now in contact with a relative who is descended from a brother of my great, great grandfather. One that I didn't even know existed. This is because my mother had the research into her paternal ancestors done by a professional researcher way back in the 1980s and I inherited it.
    I had read through it and then transferred the stuff to a tree on the computer - the researcher had meticulously recorded all the sources so checking the facts was dead easy - and there it had sat for 20 years because I was so obsessed with those actors. Now I am catching up with the Scottish branch (incidently they originated from Ireland, moving to Scotland in the 1850s) and getting the chance to know real live relatives.
    I love cousins! We have a secret Facebook group just for family.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123