falconer

Default DNA Advice please.........

Hi,

Could someone with much more experience of DNA matching than I please offer some advice?

I am trying to find my unknown BRA***** Grandfather.

The only confirmed Ancestry BRA***** surname match I have so far is a female born BRA***** born 1884. This BRA***** born 1884 is my (female) matches's Grandmother. I match her at 30 Cm over 3 segments. I will call her my match 'A'

I also have two strong matches on Ancestry (Both female) but no known BRA***** surname match.

My match 'B' at 398 Cm over 26 segments was adopted at Birth and does not know her Father. Her birth was registered in FULHAM in London.

My match 'C' at 253 CM over 13 segments has unfortunately not responded to my emails but I have found her birth in HAMMERSMITH in London.

HAMMERSMITH is the ajoining area to FULHAM in London.

Match 'C' was born 6 years later than Match 'A' Neither of them have surnames relating to any of my known family.

Match 'B' has matches with both Match 'A' at 113 CM and Match 'C' at 46 Cm.

At the time of the births of both Match 'B' and Match 'C' my only two male cousins on my Father's side were resident in FULHAM. They were of an age to have fathered Match 'B' and 'C'

My question is given all this evidence, is it strong enough to confirm a link between me and female BRA***** born 1884?

Thanking you in anticipation.....

falconer

Bump....Nobody..?

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Falconer, I am not an expert, but I have had my DNA done, which threw my family tree out the window nearly, My Grandmother had two children with a person who was Lodging at her house in the 1911 Census, so the person I thought was my Grandfather, was not, anyway with what you have said I would say that you are definitely related to these other people, more investigation might give you more information to try and find the link between you, given the dates of when they were born, why dont you name them and see if anybody can help make the missing link. Robert

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I know diddley-squat about DNA so I was intrigued by this sentence in the latest Lost Cousins newsletter
    "There's nothing in our autosomal DNA to tell us who it came from - you can’t even tell whether it came from your mother or your father."
    https://www.lostcousins.com/newslett...news.htm#Which

Peter Calver (the founder of Lost Cousins) is quite knowledgeable about DNA and has written quite a few articles on the subject, some of which are referenced in this thread.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...-this-DNA-test

I don't know if any of the answers in the rest of the BG DNA forum are of any help to you.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”